Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Phoenix Racing – or whatever it may be called when its new owner is revealed – will have another new driver in its No. 51 Chevrolet later this year at Watkins Glen.
Australian Owen Kelly, who’s a perfect two-for-two in top-five finishes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at the second road course race of the season.
He told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after the race that the Nationwide action was like “WWE wrestling out there at the end.”
The best thing Kelly has going for him? He’s not Jacques Villeneuve, the ex-Formula One and Indianapolis 500 champion who’s made more enemies than friends in the NASCAR garage, and the driver of the No. 51 at Sonoma.
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 4
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1