Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Phoenix Racing – or whatever it may be called when its new owner is revealed – will have another new driver in its No. 51 Chevrolet later this year at Watkins Glen.
Australian Owen Kelly, who’s a perfect two-for-two in top-five finishes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at the second road course race of the season.
He told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after the race that the Nationwide action was like “WWE wrestling out there at the end.”
The best thing Kelly has going for him? He’s not Jacques Villeneuve, the ex-Formula One and Indianapolis 500 champion who’s made more enemies than friends in the NASCAR garage, and the driver of the No. 51 at Sonoma.
Video from NASCAR America
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 0
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0
- Jean-Eric Vergne confirms Toro Rosso exit 2
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 5
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4