Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Phoenix Racing – or whatever it may be called when its new owner is revealed – will have another new driver in its No. 51 Chevrolet later this year at Watkins Glen.
Australian Owen Kelly, who’s a perfect two-for-two in top-five finishes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at the second road course race of the season.
He told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after the race that the Nationwide action was like “WWE wrestling out there at the end.”
The best thing Kelly has going for him? He’s not Jacques Villeneuve, the ex-Formula One and Indianapolis 500 champion who’s made more enemies than friends in the NASCAR garage, and the driver of the No. 51 at Sonoma.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1
- F1: Barcelona 2015 first test cumulative times, lap counts, analysis 0