Jul 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Phoenix Racing – or whatever it may be called when its new owner is revealed – will have another new driver in its No. 51 Chevrolet later this year at Watkins Glen.
Australian Owen Kelly, who’s a perfect two-for-two in top-five finishes in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut at the second road course race of the season.
He told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after the race that the Nationwide action was like “WWE wrestling out there at the end.”
The best thing Kelly has going for him? He’s not Jacques Villeneuve, the ex-Formula One and Indianapolis 500 champion who’s made more enemies than friends in the NASCAR garage, and the driver of the No. 51 at Sonoma.
Video from NASCAR America
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0