Jul 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
On Sunday night, former IZOD IndyCar Series driver J.R. Hildebrand lost thousands of dollars in racing equipment, computers and cameras when thieves broke into his car in downtown Seattle.
Hildebrand, who lost his drive with Panther Racing following this past May’s Indianapolis 500, was in the Emerald City this weekend to compete in a Formula Drift event at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
According to Seattle’s NBC affiliate, KING 5, Hildebrand’s fire suit and helmet, a pair of laptops, multiple cameras and other items were taken from the back seat of his car, which was parked along Seattle’s Seneca Street between Second and Third Avenue. His bags were found one block away at a light rail station, but everything inside them was missing.
For a full report from KING 5, check out the video above.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)