Jul 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
On Sunday night, former IZOD IndyCar Series driver J.R. Hildebrand lost thousands of dollars in racing equipment, computers and cameras when thieves broke into his car in downtown Seattle.
Hildebrand, who lost his drive with Panther Racing following this past May’s Indianapolis 500, was in the Emerald City this weekend to compete in a Formula Drift event at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
According to Seattle’s NBC affiliate, KING 5, Hildebrand’s fire suit and helmet, a pair of laptops, multiple cameras and other items were taken from the back seat of his car, which was parked along Seattle’s Seneca Street between Second and Third Avenue. His bags were found one block away at a light rail station, but everything inside them was missing.
For a full report from KING 5, check out the video above.
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)