Jul 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
On Sunday night, former IZOD IndyCar Series driver J.R. Hildebrand lost thousands of dollars in racing equipment, computers and cameras when thieves broke into his car in downtown Seattle.
Hildebrand, who lost his drive with Panther Racing following this past May’s Indianapolis 500, was in the Emerald City this weekend to compete in a Formula Drift event at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
According to Seattle’s NBC affiliate, KING 5, Hildebrand’s fire suit and helmet, a pair of laptops, multiple cameras and other items were taken from the back seat of his car, which was parked along Seattle’s Seneca Street between Second and Third Avenue. His bags were found one block away at a light rail station, but everything inside them was missing.
For a full report from KING 5, check out the video above.
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12
- Ten with Townsend: Toronto debrief 0
- Denny Hamlin’s team hit with big penalties after Brickyard infraction 4