Jul 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
On Sunday night, former IZOD IndyCar Series driver J.R. Hildebrand lost thousands of dollars in racing equipment, computers and cameras when thieves broke into his car in downtown Seattle.
Hildebrand, who lost his drive with Panther Racing following this past May’s Indianapolis 500, was in the Emerald City this weekend to compete in a Formula Drift event at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
According to Seattle’s NBC affiliate, KING 5, Hildebrand’s fire suit and helmet, a pair of laptops, multiple cameras and other items were taken from the back seat of his car, which was parked along Seattle’s Seneca Street between Second and Third Avenue. His bags were found one block away at a light rail station, but everything inside them was missing.
For a full report from KING 5, check out the video above.
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Long Beach (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 0
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 1
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0