Jul 23, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
On Sunday night, former IZOD IndyCar Series driver J.R. Hildebrand lost thousands of dollars in racing equipment, computers and cameras when thieves broke into his car in downtown Seattle.
Hildebrand, who lost his drive with Panther Racing following this past May’s Indianapolis 500, was in the Emerald City this weekend to compete in a Formula Drift event at nearby Evergreen Speedway in Monroe, Washington.
According to Seattle’s NBC affiliate, KING 5, Hildebrand’s fire suit and helmet, a pair of laptops, multiple cameras and other items were taken from the back seat of his car, which was parked along Seattle’s Seneca Street between Second and Third Avenue. His bags were found one block away at a light rail station, but everything inside them was missing.
For a full report from KING 5, check out the video above.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 16
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 15
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2