Jul 23, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
Felipe Massa sees no reason to believe Ferrari will struggle to be competitive at the Hungaroring this year.
“People say the characteristics of our car are not best suited to this circuit and that it will be tough for us to fight for the win here,” said Massa, “but I am not sure this is an accurate assessment, because there have been other circuits where we expected our car to be very strong and it was not and vice versa.”
“The important thing will be to get a good understanding of exactly how the car is reacting as quickly as possible. The circuit requires as much downforce as possible, because the speed down the straight is not so important here.
“You need a car that is very stable and that is kind to the tires to avoid degradation. I think we can be competitive, so I’m hoping our weekend goes in the opposite way to what people are expecting.”
Massa heads into the weekend looking for an upturn in form have spun or crashed at each of the last four race weekends. He spun out at the Nurburgring on lap four.
“The last couple of races have not been so successful,” he admitted, “there was always something happening which meant I couldn’t finish as high up as I should have done.”
“Therefore what I would like most of all is to turn things around, because going on holiday with a good result under my belt would really make the difference.”
- Vettel calls double points idea “absurd” 1
- New F1 rules announced Monday create more questions than answers 2
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes 9
- Team co-owned by Leonardo DiCaprio is 10th and last for FE 1
- Franchitti’s ride appears down to Briscoe or Tagliani vs. the field 2
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)