Jul 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Four-wide on an oval or two-wide on a permanent road course? Pick your favorite photo finish of the racing year.
The IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Series, one of the IMSA Developmental Series that race in support of the American Le Mans Series, put on a barnburner at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Mosport this weekend.
The first race of the weekend ended in a side-by-side battle between Madison Snow and Angel Benitez, Jr., with 17-year-old Snow powering past out of the last corner to win by just 0.011 of a second! It was the closest finish in series history.
“I was pushing harder than I ever have before,” Snow said. “It was such a hard race. (Angel) Benitez is so fast but on the last lap, last corner, I just finally got him. He was going to block on the inside so I went really wide on that corner, just did an over-under and got him on the front straight.”
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1