Jul 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Four-wide on an oval or two-wide on a permanent road course? Pick your favorite photo finish of the racing year.
The IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Series, one of the IMSA Developmental Series that race in support of the American Le Mans Series, put on a barnburner at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Mosport this weekend.
The first race of the weekend ended in a side-by-side battle between Madison Snow and Angel Benitez, Jr., with 17-year-old Snow powering past out of the last corner to win by just 0.011 of a second! It was the closest finish in series history.
“I was pushing harder than I ever have before,” Snow said. “It was such a hard race. (Angel) Benitez is so fast but on the last lap, last corner, I just finally got him. He was going to block on the inside so I went really wide on that corner, just did an over-under and got him on the front straight.”
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0