Jul 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Four-wide on an oval or two-wide on a permanent road course? Pick your favorite photo finish of the racing year.
The IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Series, one of the IMSA Developmental Series that race in support of the American Le Mans Series, put on a barnburner at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Mosport this weekend.
The first race of the weekend ended in a side-by-side battle between Madison Snow and Angel Benitez, Jr., with 17-year-old Snow powering past out of the last corner to win by just 0.011 of a second! It was the closest finish in series history.
“I was pushing harder than I ever have before,” Snow said. “It was such a hard race. (Angel) Benitez is so fast but on the last lap, last corner, I just finally got him. He was going to block on the inside so I went really wide on that corner, just did an over-under and got him on the front straight.”
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)