Jul 23, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Four-wide on an oval or two-wide on a permanent road course? Pick your favorite photo finish of the racing year.
The IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Series, one of the IMSA Developmental Series that race in support of the American Le Mans Series, put on a barnburner at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Mosport this weekend.
The first race of the weekend ended in a side-by-side battle between Madison Snow and Angel Benitez, Jr., with 17-year-old Snow powering past out of the last corner to win by just 0.011 of a second! It was the closest finish in series history.
“I was pushing harder than I ever have before,” Snow said. “It was such a hard race. (Angel) Benitez is so fast but on the last lap, last corner, I just finally got him. He was going to block on the inside so I went really wide on that corner, just did an over-under and got him on the front straight.”
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports 1
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement 10
- 2014 F1 schedule finalized without New Jersey, Mexico, and Korea 0
- Jeff Burton joins NBC Sports as NASCAR analyst 2
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN 6
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (8)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)
- FIA considering pole trophy and permanent numbers (6)