Jul 24, 2013, 11:30 PM EDT
11:30 p.m. ET: Austin Dillon has won the race, after holding off Ryan Newman and Kyle Larson on the lone green-white-checkered attempt. Dillon’s restarts on the high line, while leading, provided better traction and launches. Meanwhile Larson was too far back to make a passing attempt on Dillon after he got around Newman once again.
10:45 p.m. ET: Segment two is in the books, and 110 laps are now complete. Austin Dillon now leads Kyle Larson after a Lap 89 pass for the lead through traffic. One lap later, and a caution for debris (second of the race) halted any remaining action as the leaders sliced and diced through the slower trucks.
Teams can make adjustments on a final pit stop before the third segment. Larson’s truck has been fastest most of the night, with 50 laps led. Other laps led include: Austin Dillon 24, Peters 23 and Ken Schrader 15.
10:15 p.m. ET: The first 60 laps are in the books of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ 150-lap Mudsummer Classic (full name: The CarCash Mudsummer Classic presented by CNBC Prime’s the Profit) on the dirt of Tony Stewart‘s Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. It all began with a tribute to the fans, a four-wide start in true dirt track racing style.
Kyle Larson, a freaking wheel man and star of the future, leapt from 13th up to the lead, taking the top spot from Timothy Peters on Lap 39. Peters took the lead from polesitter Ken Schrader on Lap 15 via the most popular passing move of the day, a “slide job” from down the track up in front of another truck.
At the segment intermission, Larson leads Dave Blaney, Peters, Austin Dillon and Jared Landers. Dirt track legend Scott Bloomquist has struggled; despite more than 500 career wins on the dirt, runs last and was lapped by the leaders.
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 0
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 4
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP live on NBCSN and Live Extra from 2:30a ET 0
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 3