Jul 24, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
11:30 p.m. ET: Austin Dillon has won the race, after holding off Ryan Newman and Kyle Larson on the lone green-white-checkered attempt. Dillon’s restarts on the high line, while leading, provided better traction and launches. Meanwhile Larson was too far back to make a passing attempt on Dillon after he got around Newman once again.
10:45 p.m. ET: Segment two is in the books, and 110 laps are now complete. Austin Dillon now leads Kyle Larson after a Lap 89 pass for the lead through traffic. One lap later, and a caution for debris (second of the race) halted any remaining action as the leaders sliced and diced through the slower trucks.
Teams can make adjustments on a final pit stop before the third segment. Larson’s truck has been fastest most of the night, with 50 laps led. Other laps led include: Austin Dillon 24, Peters 23 and Ken Schrader 15.
10:15 p.m. ET: The first 60 laps are in the books of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ 150-lap Mudsummer Classic (full name: The CarCash Mudsummer Classic presented by CNBC Prime’s the Profit) on the dirt of Tony Stewart‘s Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. It all began with a tribute to the fans, a four-wide start in true dirt track racing style.
Kyle Larson, a freaking wheel man and star of the future, leapt from 13th up to the lead, taking the top spot from Timothy Peters on Lap 39. Peters took the lead from polesitter Ken Schrader on Lap 15 via the most popular passing move of the day, a “slide job” from down the track up in front of another truck.
At the segment intermission, Larson leads Dave Blaney, Peters, Austin Dillon and Jared Landers. Dirt track legend Scott Bloomquist has struggled; despite more than 500 career wins on the dirt, runs last and was lapped by the leaders.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 1
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 0
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3