Jul 25, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Scott Speed‘s career wilderness continues with a trip to Los Angeles next week, as he’s been picked as the driver for the DRR-SH Global Rallycross effort at the L.A. X Games.
The last American driver to race in Formula One has done some GRC racing already this year, winning the opening round of the GRC season at the X Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This weekend, he’s driving at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race for the Leavine Family Racing team.
“I couldn’t be more excited for the X Games Los Angeles. Running with DRR-SH Global Rallycross will definitely give me a chance at another Gold Medal,” stated Speed. “GRC has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to being able to run an X Games at home in the USA.”
“Scott is absolutely the perfect fit for our entry,” added DRR-SH Global Rallycross co-owner Robbie Buhl. “He is hungry for victories, which he proved by winning his first X Games event in Brazil. Coming from Formula One and most recently NASCAR, he has a huge following and will be a great asset to our team.”
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3