Jul 25, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Scott Speed‘s career wilderness continues with a trip to Los Angeles next week, as he’s been picked as the driver for the DRR-SH Global Rallycross effort at the L.A. X Games.
The last American driver to race in Formula One has done some GRC racing already this year, winning the opening round of the GRC season at the X Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This weekend, he’s driving at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race for the Leavine Family Racing team.
“I couldn’t be more excited for the X Games Los Angeles. Running with DRR-SH Global Rallycross will definitely give me a chance at another Gold Medal,” stated Speed. “GRC has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to being able to run an X Games at home in the USA.”
“Scott is absolutely the perfect fit for our entry,” added DRR-SH Global Rallycross co-owner Robbie Buhl. “He is hungry for victories, which he proved by winning his first X Games event in Brazil. Coming from Formula One and most recently NASCAR, he has a huge following and will be a great asset to our team.”
- WATCH LIVE: Malaysian GP qualifying at 5a ET on NBCSN and Live Extra 0
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0
- NHRA: Rain washes out Friday’s first two rounds of qualifying four 4-Wide Nationals 2
- The Equalization Conundrum: Should F1 put sport to one side in favor of ‘the show’? 5
- Practice setbacks leave Hamilton “quite a bit off” in Malaysia (VIDEO) 2
- Verizon IndyCar Series 2015 preseason content roundup 0
- Hamilton hits back by topping second practice in Malaysia 0