Jul 25, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
Scott Speed‘s career wilderness continues with a trip to Los Angeles next week, as he’s been picked as the driver for the DRR-SH Global Rallycross effort at the L.A. X Games.
The last American driver to race in Formula One has done some GRC racing already this year, winning the opening round of the GRC season at the X Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This weekend, he’s driving at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race for the Leavine Family Racing team.
“I couldn’t be more excited for the X Games Los Angeles. Running with DRR-SH Global Rallycross will definitely give me a chance at another Gold Medal,” stated Speed. “GRC has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to being able to run an X Games at home in the USA.”
“Scott is absolutely the perfect fit for our entry,” added DRR-SH Global Rallycross co-owner Robbie Buhl. “He is hungry for victories, which he proved by winning his first X Games event in Brazil. Coming from Formula One and most recently NASCAR, he has a huge following and will be a great asset to our team.”
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1
- With Vettel, Alonso, Mercedes and Renault all on the move, Abu Dhabi will mark the end of an era in F1 0
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Preview 0
- Sebastian Vettel joins Ferrari for 2015 season, partnering Kimi Raikkonen 0