Jul 25, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
Scott Speed‘s career wilderness continues with a trip to Los Angeles next week, as he’s been picked as the driver for the DRR-SH Global Rallycross effort at the L.A. X Games.
The last American driver to race in Formula One has done some GRC racing already this year, winning the opening round of the GRC season at the X Games in Sao Paulo, Brazil. This weekend, he’s driving at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race for the Leavine Family Racing team.
“I couldn’t be more excited for the X Games Los Angeles. Running with DRR-SH Global Rallycross will definitely give me a chance at another Gold Medal,” stated Speed. “GRC has been a lot of fun so far and I am looking forward to being able to run an X Games at home in the USA.”
“Scott is absolutely the perfect fit for our entry,” added DRR-SH Global Rallycross co-owner Robbie Buhl. “He is hungry for victories, which he proved by winning his first X Games event in Brazil. Coming from Formula One and most recently NASCAR, he has a huge following and will be a great asset to our team.”
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7