Jul 25, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Hungarian Grand Prix has always been one of the most challenging on the calendar due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, with the track designers being told to ‘create Monaco in eastern Europe’. Although it may not be as extreme as Monaco, the Hungaroring does require maximum concentration, but with temperatures set to soar this weekend, tire choice will be crucial.
Pirelli has elected to bring the medium and soft tires to the race, giving teams a dilemma when it comes to strategy as they look to make the jump in the pits in order to overcome the lack of overtaking opportunities on-track. In this video, Pirelli’s Mario Isola explains just how important it is to perfect your strategy in Hungary.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)