Jul 25, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
The Hungarian Grand Prix has always been one of the most challenging on the calendar due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, with the track designers being told to ‘create Monaco in eastern Europe’. Although it may not be as extreme as Monaco, the Hungaroring does require maximum concentration, but with temperatures set to soar this weekend, tire choice will be crucial.
Pirelli has elected to bring the medium and soft tires to the race, giving teams a dilemma when it comes to strategy as they look to make the jump in the pits in order to overcome the lack of overtaking opportunities on-track. In this video, Pirelli’s Mario Isola explains just how important it is to perfect your strategy in Hungary.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: Abu Dhabi GP Race Day live on NBCSN from 7a ET 0
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0