Jul 25, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Hungarian Grand Prix has always been one of the most challenging on the calendar due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, with the track designers being told to ‘create Monaco in eastern Europe’. Although it may not be as extreme as Monaco, the Hungaroring does require maximum concentration, but with temperatures set to soar this weekend, tire choice will be crucial.
Pirelli has elected to bring the medium and soft tires to the race, giving teams a dilemma when it comes to strategy as they look to make the jump in the pits in order to overcome the lack of overtaking opportunities on-track. In this video, Pirelli’s Mario Isola explains just how important it is to perfect your strategy in Hungary.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0