Jul 25, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Hungarian Grand Prix has always been one of the most challenging on the calendar due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, with the track designers being told to ‘create Monaco in eastern Europe’. Although it may not be as extreme as Monaco, the Hungaroring does require maximum concentration, but with temperatures set to soar this weekend, tire choice will be crucial.
Pirelli has elected to bring the medium and soft tires to the race, giving teams a dilemma when it comes to strategy as they look to make the jump in the pits in order to overcome the lack of overtaking opportunities on-track. In this video, Pirelli’s Mario Isola explains just how important it is to perfect your strategy in Hungary.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0