Jul 25, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The Hungarian Grand Prix has always been one of the most challenging on the calendar due to the tight and twisty nature of the circuit, with the track designers being told to ‘create Monaco in eastern Europe’. Although it may not be as extreme as Monaco, the Hungaroring does require maximum concentration, but with temperatures set to soar this weekend, tire choice will be crucial.
Pirelli has elected to bring the medium and soft tires to the race, giving teams a dilemma when it comes to strategy as they look to make the jump in the pits in order to overcome the lack of overtaking opportunities on-track. In this video, Pirelli’s Mario Isola explains just how important it is to perfect your strategy in Hungary.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2