Jul 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Adrian Sutil has reflected on a positive day for Force India in practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix, but the German driver believes that he will be most comfortable in qualifying when using the soft compound tire.
“It was a positive morning session and quite early on I had found a good balance with the car,” Sutil explained in a statement from the team. “In the afternoon we were working mainly on the tires and trying to get the most from them.
“I felt better on the soft compared to the medium, but it was tricky to get them working all the time.”
Besides the issues with the tires, Sutil is pleased with how the VJM06 car is working around the Hungaroring, having never scored any points at the circuit before.
“Apart from the tores the overall balance is good: the car behaves well under braking and on turn-in, and I’m feeling comfortable.”
Sutil will be making his 100th grand prix start in Hungary this weekend.
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)