Jul 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Adrian Sutil has reflected on a positive day for Force India in practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix, but the German driver believes that he will be most comfortable in qualifying when using the soft compound tire.
“It was a positive morning session and quite early on I had found a good balance with the car,” Sutil explained in a statement from the team. “In the afternoon we were working mainly on the tires and trying to get the most from them.
“I felt better on the soft compared to the medium, but it was tricky to get them working all the time.”
Besides the issues with the tires, Sutil is pleased with how the VJM06 car is working around the Hungaroring, having never scored any points at the circuit before.
“Apart from the tores the overall balance is good: the car behaves well under braking and on turn-in, and I’m feeling comfortable.”
Sutil will be making his 100th grand prix start in Hungary this weekend.
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 5
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 5
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)
- BHA announces The Collection Auto Group and Castrol as sponsors; driver TBD (5)