Jul 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Adrian Sutil has reflected on a positive day for Force India in practice for the Hungarian Grand Prix, but the German driver believes that he will be most comfortable in qualifying when using the soft compound tire.
“It was a positive morning session and quite early on I had found a good balance with the car,” Sutil explained in a statement from the team. “In the afternoon we were working mainly on the tires and trying to get the most from them.
“I felt better on the soft compared to the medium, but it was tricky to get them working all the time.”
Besides the issues with the tires, Sutil is pleased with how the VJM06 car is working around the Hungaroring, having never scored any points at the circuit before.
“Apart from the tores the overall balance is good: the car behaves well under braking and on turn-in, and I’m feeling comfortable.”
Sutil will be making his 100th grand prix start in Hungary this weekend.
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3