Jul 29, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Michael Andretti won twice at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course as a driver, in 1990 and 1991. He has yet to win as an owner. But he’s probably best remembered at the track for this barrel roll, which occurred in 1998.
Andretti was threading the needle between Patrick Carpentier‘s Player’s/Forsythe Racing Reynard-Mercedes and P.J. Jones‘ All American Racers Reynard-Toyota, but contacted Jones’ right front wheel. That sent him through the grass, in-between oncoming traffic heading into Turn 4 and into the gravel trap.
Mercifully and thankfully, Andretti emerged unhurt after the wild ride in his Newman/Haas Racing Swift-Ford. But it makes for one of the most incredible pieces of video in Mid-Ohio history.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1