Jul 29, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Michael Andretti won twice at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course as a driver, in 1990 and 1991. He has yet to win as an owner. But he’s probably best remembered at the track for this barrel roll, which occurred in 1998.
Andretti was threading the needle between Patrick Carpentier‘s Player’s/Forsythe Racing Reynard-Mercedes and P.J. Jones‘ All American Racers Reynard-Toyota, but contacted Jones’ right front wheel. That sent him through the grass, in-between oncoming traffic heading into Turn 4 and into the gravel trap.
Mercifully and thankfully, Andretti emerged unhurt after the wild ride in his Newman/Haas Racing Swift-Ford. But it makes for one of the most incredible pieces of video in Mid-Ohio history.
- VIDEO: Hamilton’s qualifying goes up in flames after engine fire 0
- Sebastian Vettel “absolutely committed” to Red Bull 0
- Hamilton completes his clean sweep in Hungary FP3 0
- Juan Pablo Montoya, Will Power go looking for fun, wind up with ‘Sex Tape’ 1
- Brickyard owes Juan Pablo Montoya one, but will it pay off Sunday? 1