Jul 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The weekend of Oct. 19-20 could be a big one for Sprint Cup driver Kurt Busch.
MotorRacingNetwork.com’s Dustin Long reports that “The Outlaw” has given himself a “good possibility” of suiting up for the IZOD IndyCar Series’ season finale – the MAVTV 500 – on Saturday, Oct. 19 at Auto Club Speedway.
The next afternoon – Sunday, Oct. 20 – the Cup series goes racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
“We’re working on it,” Busch said yesterday according to Long during a Cup test session at Watkins Glen International. “We just have to keep our fingers crossed.”
However, he also said after the Andretti test that he’d prefer to do an IndyCar oval race before taking on the ‘500’ and that feeling hasn’t changed, either.
Sponsorship will be the key to getting Busch in an IndyCar at ACS, and Long reports that Busch said he’d feel “blind” at Indy in 2014 without first getting his feet wet at Fontana.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0