Jul 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
The weekend of Oct. 19-20 could be a big one for Sprint Cup driver Kurt Busch.
MotorRacingNetwork.com’s Dustin Long reports that “The Outlaw” has given himself a “good possibility” of suiting up for the IZOD IndyCar Series’ season finale – the MAVTV 500 – on Saturday, Oct. 19 at Auto Club Speedway.
The next afternoon – Sunday, Oct. 20 – the Cup series goes racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
“We’re working on it,” Busch said yesterday according to Long during a Cup test session at Watkins Glen International. “We just have to keep our fingers crossed.”
However, he also said after the Andretti test that he’d prefer to do an IndyCar oval race before taking on the ‘500’ and that feeling hasn’t changed, either.
Sponsorship will be the key to getting Busch in an IndyCar at ACS, and Long reports that Busch said he’d feel “blind” at Indy in 2014 without first getting his feet wet at Fontana.
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Review: Stories of the Season 0
- Toro Rosso confirms Carlos Sainz Jr. for 2015 F1 season 1
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 12
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 3