Jul 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The weekend of Oct. 19-20 could be a big one for Sprint Cup driver Kurt Busch.
MotorRacingNetwork.com’s Dustin Long reports that “The Outlaw” has given himself a “good possibility” of suiting up for the IZOD IndyCar Series’ season finale – the MAVTV 500 – on Saturday, Oct. 19 at Auto Club Speedway.
The next afternoon – Sunday, Oct. 20 – the Cup series goes racing at Talladega Superspeedway.
“We’re working on it,” Busch said yesterday according to Long during a Cup test session at Watkins Glen International. “We just have to keep our fingers crossed.”
However, he also said after the Andretti test that he’d prefer to do an IndyCar oval race before taking on the ‘500’ and that feeling hasn’t changed, either.
Sponsorship will be the key to getting Busch in an IndyCar at ACS, and Long reports that Busch said he’d feel “blind” at Indy in 2014 without first getting his feet wet at Fontana.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 2
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 2
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1