Jul 31, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Two of the most talented drivers in their respective disciplines share a birthday on Wednesday. IndyCar’s Justin Wilson turns 35, while NASCAR rising star Kyle Larson has hit the magic age of 21.
Wilson, who’s got a busy second half of 2013 lined up with commitments in both IndyCar and the GRAND-AM Rolex Series, heads to Mid-Ohio this weekend for the Honda Indy 200 looking for his first podium finish since Detroit race one in the No. 19 Boy Scouts of America Honda for Dale Coyne Racing.
“I love racing at Mid-Ohio,” Wilson said in a release. “It’s a great track. I always go fast there. I love the layout and elevation changes. The way the car moves around doing that is a lot of fun. It’s a rewarding track when things go well. Qualifying is key at Mid-Ohio so hopefully we can start toward the front, have a straightforward race, and come away with a good result. The championship is very close right now and a couple good finishes could put us right up there into the top-five.”
Meanwhile Larson is a week removed from his starring role in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ debut on dirt, at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio. He’ll be headed to Iowa this weekend in his normal role, driver of the No. 32 Turner Scott Motorsports in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. And given there’s a bunch of dirt around in Iowa – Knoxville and the like – it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the young wheel man at a local short track there, either.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0