Aug 1, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Back in early June at Pocono Raceway, Greg Biffle collected a solid second-place result but admitted that his and the rest of Roush Fenway Racing’s race cars still needed some tweaking to become consistent front-runners.
WIth the Sprint Cup Series returning to the “Tricky Triangle” this weekend for the GoBowling.com 400, Biffle, driver of the No. 16 Ford Fusion, believes that this time around, he’ll be in better shape car-wise with a brand new chassis.
“We are working hard on our race cars – we’ve got more down-force than we did last time we were there,” said Biffle. “We know Turn 3 [at Pocono] is where they are beating us, so we are going to concentrate on that and get us another Top-5 finish.”
Biffle comes to Pocono looking to stop a recent slide that has seen him finish outside the Top-10 in the last four races: 34th at Kentucky, 17th at Daytona, 15th at New Hampshire, and 24th last weekend at the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis.
Furthermore, while Biffle sits eighth in the championship and has one win to his credit this year, he’s barely leading a logjam of drivers trying to race their way into the Top 10 or a Chase wild card spot. Only 12 points separate him from defending Cup champion Brad Keselowski (no wins) in 13th place. Going deeper into the standings, Biffle is just one point up on ninth-place Kasey Kahne (one win), and six points up on 10th-place Jeff Gordon (no wins).
The battle to make the Chase has gotten tighter and tighter. We’ll see if Pocono helps Biffle stay ahead of a very hungry pack.
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 0
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 6
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)