Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
You’ll need a spotter’s guide more than normal for the IZOD IndyCar Series Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing this week, will have a pink camouflage No. 4 National Guard Chevrolet to pay tribute to female soldiers. Firestone has made special pink sidewall primary tires for this car this weekend, as well.
- Dario Franchitti will reprise the GE Reveal colors he ran here last year (pictured), a blue and purple blend on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda.
- Tony Kanaan is back in the Sunoco/ “Turbo” colors for the first time since Pocono, and fourth time this year, adorning the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH Chevrolet.
- James Davison will make his IndyCar debut in a simple red and white Sonny’s BBQ livery for Dale Coyne Racing, not the multicolored blue, yellow, red and/or black car that has been on the No. 18 most of this year.
- Marco Andretti resumes in his usual RC Cola red and blue No. 25 after running a Dr Pepper livery at Toronto.
- Tristan Vautier has Angie’s List backing, and a green, black and yellow paint scheme on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda (matches Katherine Legge’s colors from the Indianapolis 500). The rookie has also raced an orange, black and white car (Oculus Transport/Visit Florida), all white (Lucas Oil) and white and blue car (Coastal.com) this season.
- And of course, driver-wise, Servia, Davison, and Luca Filippi are the new shoes in this week since the last race at Toronto.
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 0
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2
- Justin Wilson dies at age 37 28
- Race Recap: Hamilton cruises to sixth victory of 2015 at Spa 3