Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
You’ll need a spotter’s guide more than normal for the IZOD IndyCar Series Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing this week, will have a pink camouflage No. 4 National Guard Chevrolet to pay tribute to female soldiers. Firestone has made special pink sidewall primary tires for this car this weekend, as well.
- Dario Franchitti will reprise the GE Reveal colors he ran here last year (pictured), a blue and purple blend on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda.
- Tony Kanaan is back in the Sunoco/ “Turbo” colors for the first time since Pocono, and fourth time this year, adorning the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH Chevrolet.
- James Davison will make his IndyCar debut in a simple red and white Sonny’s BBQ livery for Dale Coyne Racing, not the multicolored blue, yellow, red and/or black car that has been on the No. 18 most of this year.
- Marco Andretti resumes in his usual RC Cola red and blue No. 25 after running a Dr Pepper livery at Toronto.
- Tristan Vautier has Angie’s List backing, and a green, black and yellow paint scheme on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda (matches Katherine Legge’s colors from the Indianapolis 500). The rookie has also raced an orange, black and white car (Oculus Transport/Visit Florida), all white (Lucas Oil) and white and blue car (Coastal.com) this season.
- And of course, driver-wise, Servia, Davison, and Luca Filippi are the new shoes in this week since the last race at Toronto.
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 6
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix 4
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)