Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
You’ll need a spotter’s guide more than normal for the IZOD IndyCar Series Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing this week, will have a pink camouflage No. 4 National Guard Chevrolet to pay tribute to female soldiers. Firestone has made special pink sidewall primary tires for this car this weekend, as well.
- Dario Franchitti will reprise the GE Reveal colors he ran here last year (pictured), a blue and purple blend on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda.
- Tony Kanaan is back in the Sunoco/ “Turbo” colors for the first time since Pocono, and fourth time this year, adorning the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH Chevrolet.
- James Davison will make his IndyCar debut in a simple red and white Sonny’s BBQ livery for Dale Coyne Racing, not the multicolored blue, yellow, red and/or black car that has been on the No. 18 most of this year.
- Marco Andretti resumes in his usual RC Cola red and blue No. 25 after running a Dr Pepper livery at Toronto.
- Tristan Vautier has Angie’s List backing, and a green, black and yellow paint scheme on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda (matches Katherine Legge’s colors from the Indianapolis 500). The rookie has also raced an orange, black and white car (Oculus Transport/Visit Florida), all white (Lucas Oil) and white and blue car (Coastal.com) this season.
- And of course, driver-wise, Servia, Davison, and Luca Filippi are the new shoes in this week since the last race at Toronto.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 4
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)