Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
You’ll need a spotter’s guide more than normal for the IZOD IndyCar Series Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing this week, will have a pink camouflage No. 4 National Guard Chevrolet to pay tribute to female soldiers. Firestone has made special pink sidewall primary tires for this car this weekend, as well.
- Dario Franchitti will reprise the GE Reveal colors he ran here last year (pictured), a blue and purple blend on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda.
- Tony Kanaan is back in the Sunoco/ “Turbo” colors for the first time since Pocono, and fourth time this year, adorning the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH Chevrolet.
- James Davison will make his IndyCar debut in a simple red and white Sonny’s BBQ livery for Dale Coyne Racing, not the multicolored blue, yellow, red and/or black car that has been on the No. 18 most of this year.
- Marco Andretti resumes in his usual RC Cola red and blue No. 25 after running a Dr Pepper livery at Toronto.
- Tristan Vautier has Angie’s List backing, and a green, black and yellow paint scheme on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda (matches Katherine Legge’s colors from the Indianapolis 500). The rookie has also raced an orange, black and white car (Oculus Transport/Visit Florida), all white (Lucas Oil) and white and blue car (Coastal.com) this season.
- And of course, driver-wise, Servia, Davison, and Luca Filippi are the new shoes in this week since the last race at Toronto.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)