Aug 1, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
You’ll need a spotter’s guide more than normal for the IZOD IndyCar Series Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing this week, will have a pink camouflage No. 4 National Guard Chevrolet to pay tribute to female soldiers. Firestone has made special pink sidewall primary tires for this car this weekend, as well.
- Dario Franchitti will reprise the GE Reveal colors he ran here last year (pictured), a blue and purple blend on his No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda.
- Tony Kanaan is back in the Sunoco/ “Turbo” colors for the first time since Pocono, and fourth time this year, adorning the No. 11 KV Racing Technology – SH Chevrolet.
- James Davison will make his IndyCar debut in a simple red and white Sonny’s BBQ livery for Dale Coyne Racing, not the multicolored blue, yellow, red and/or black car that has been on the No. 18 most of this year.
- Marco Andretti resumes in his usual RC Cola red and blue No. 25 after running a Dr Pepper livery at Toronto.
- Tristan Vautier has Angie’s List backing, and a green, black and yellow paint scheme on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda (matches Katherine Legge’s colors from the Indianapolis 500). The rookie has also raced an orange, black and white car (Oculus Transport/Visit Florida), all white (Lucas Oil) and white and blue car (Coastal.com) this season.
- And of course, driver-wise, Servia, Davison, and Luca Filippi are the new shoes in this week since the last race at Toronto.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 0
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 0
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 4
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11