Aug 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
INDYCAR issued a fresh engine update on Tuesday, prior to this weekend’s Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Grid penalties will be enforced for teams that surpass the five engine limit, and as you can see below, some are coming dangerously close to that mark. Grid penalties are also enforced for teams that change out their engines before hitting the enforced mileage limit of 2,000 miles.
Here is the status of all 24 cars, as issued by INDYCAR, below. Note the No. 98 is an official TBD, but earmarked for Italian rookie Luca Filippi to make his series debut at Mid-Ohio this weekend after testing on Wednesday.
CAR ENTRANT DRIVER ENGINE STATUS No. 1 Andretti Autosport Ryan Hunter-Reay On Engine #4 No. 3 Team Penske Helio Castroneves On Engine #4 No. 4 Panther Racing Oriol Servia On Engine #3 No. 5 Team Venezuela-Andretti-HVM E.J. Viso On Engine #4 No. 6 Dragon Racing Sebastian Saavedra On Engine #3 No. 7 Dragon Racing Sebastien Bourdais On Engine #3 No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Scott Dixon On Engine #4 No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Dario Franchitti On Engine #5 No. 11 KV Racing Technology Tony Kanaan On Engine #4 No. 12 Team Penske Will Power On Engine #4 No. 14 A.J. Foyt Enterprises Takuma Sato On Engine #4 No. 15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Graham Rahal On Engine #5 No. 16 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing James Jakes On Engine #5 No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing James Davison On Engine #6 No. 19 Dale Coyne Racing Justin Wilson On Engine #4 No. 20 Ed Carpenter Racing Ed Carpenter On Engine #4 No. 25 Andretti Autosport Marco Andretti On Engine #4 No. 27 Andretti Autosport James Hinchcliffe On Engine #4 No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Tristan Vautier On Engine #4 No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Josef Newgarden On Engine #5 No. 77 Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports Simon Pagenaud On Engine #4 No. 78 KV Racing Technology Simona De Silvestro On Engine #4 No. 83 Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing Charlie Kimball On Engine #4 No. 98 Barracuda Racing TBD On Engine #4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 0
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 2
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)