Aug 1, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
INDYCAR issued a fresh engine update on Tuesday, prior to this weekend’s Honda Indy 200 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Grid penalties will be enforced for teams that surpass the five engine limit, and as you can see below, some are coming dangerously close to that mark. Grid penalties are also enforced for teams that change out their engines before hitting the enforced mileage limit of 2,000 miles.
Here is the status of all 24 cars, as issued by INDYCAR, below. Note the No. 98 is an official TBD, but earmarked for Italian rookie Luca Filippi to make his series debut at Mid-Ohio this weekend after testing on Wednesday.
CAR ENTRANT DRIVER ENGINE STATUS No. 1 Andretti Autosport Ryan Hunter-Reay On Engine #4 No. 3 Team Penske Helio Castroneves On Engine #4 No. 4 Panther Racing Oriol Servia On Engine #3 No. 5 Team Venezuela-Andretti-HVM E.J. Viso On Engine #4 No. 6 Dragon Racing Sebastian Saavedra On Engine #3 No. 7 Dragon Racing Sebastien Bourdais On Engine #3 No. 9 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Scott Dixon On Engine #4 No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Dario Franchitti On Engine #5 No. 11 KV Racing Technology Tony Kanaan On Engine #4 No. 12 Team Penske Will Power On Engine #4 No. 14 A.J. Foyt Enterprises Takuma Sato On Engine #4 No. 15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Graham Rahal On Engine #5 No. 16 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing James Jakes On Engine #5 No. 18 Dale Coyne Racing James Davison On Engine #6 No. 19 Dale Coyne Racing Justin Wilson On Engine #4 No. 20 Ed Carpenter Racing Ed Carpenter On Engine #4 No. 25 Andretti Autosport Marco Andretti On Engine #4 No. 27 Andretti Autosport James Hinchcliffe On Engine #4 No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Tristan Vautier On Engine #4 No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Josef Newgarden On Engine #5 No. 77 Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports Simon Pagenaud On Engine #4 No. 78 KV Racing Technology Simona De Silvestro On Engine #4 No. 83 Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing Charlie Kimball On Engine #4 No. 98 Barracuda Racing TBD On Engine #4
Video from NASCAR America
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 2
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14