Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Philadelphia may be the “City of Brotherly Love,” but the title will shift to Baltimore during the IZOD IndyCar Series weekend in September.
Stefan Wilson has been confirmed to make his anticipated and long-awaited series debut in the rotating door that is Dale Coyne Racing’s second car. Wilson, younger brother of Justin, will be his teammate at DCR in the No. 18 Nirvana Tea Honda at Baltimore.
“It’s exciting for so many reasons,” said Wilson. “Not only will I be making my debut in the IndyCar Series, but it will mark the first time that I will be competing against my older brother Justin. It’s very cool that we will be working together as teammates for Dale Coyne Racing.”
“I am very happy for Stefan and this great opportunity he has,” said his older brother Justin Wilson. “It should be a lot of fun racing against each other as we both have similar driving styles.”
The younger Wilson tested for Coyne at Barber at the official preseason test in March, in preparation for what could have a ride-share situation in the No. 18 with Ana Beatriz.
Beatriz started the season’s first five races, before Mike Conway came in and starred at Detroit (pictured). Beatriz came back for Milwaukee and Iowa, with Pippa Mann at Texas and Pocono. Conway returned for Toronto, and is confirmed for Houston, while James Davison makes his debut this weekend at Mid-Ohio.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1