Aug 1, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Philadelphia may be the “City of Brotherly Love,” but the title will shift to Baltimore during the IZOD IndyCar Series weekend in September.
Stefan Wilson has been confirmed to make his anticipated and long-awaited series debut in the rotating door that is Dale Coyne Racing’s second car. Wilson, younger brother of Justin, will be his teammate at DCR in the No. 18 Nirvana Tea Honda at Baltimore.
“It’s exciting for so many reasons,” said Wilson. “Not only will I be making my debut in the IndyCar Series, but it will mark the first time that I will be competing against my older brother Justin. It’s very cool that we will be working together as teammates for Dale Coyne Racing.”
“I am very happy for Stefan and this great opportunity he has,” said his older brother Justin Wilson. “It should be a lot of fun racing against each other as we both have similar driving styles.”
The younger Wilson tested for Coyne at Barber at the official preseason test in March, in preparation for what could have a ride-share situation in the No. 18 with Ana Beatriz.
Beatriz started the season’s first five races, before Mike Conway came in and starred at Detroit (pictured). Beatriz came back for Milwaukee and Iowa, with Pippa Mann at Texas and Pocono. Conway returned for Toronto, and is confirmed for Houston, while James Davison makes his debut this weekend at Mid-Ohio.
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 2
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 12
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0