Aug 2, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has expressed his delight over Kimi Raikkonen‘s performances so far in 2013, saying that he would score the Finn’s season at “ten out of ten.”
Raikkonen won the opening round of the season in Australia, and he is the only driver to have scored points at every race in 2013 so far. This consistency has elevated him to second place in the drivers’ championship, and Boullier could not be happier.
“I would have to give Kimi ten out of ten,” Boullier told the Lotus F1 Team website. “He’s done a terrific job right from the beginning of the season and his remarkable run of twenty-seven consecutive points finishes speaks for itself.
“No matter what happens he’s always there, as we saw in the final few laps at Monaco. He is playing a big part in pushing the team forwards, and of course having such a popular character in the seat has its advantages too.”
Raikkonen’s points-scoring streak is now an all-time record in Formula One, but with Red Bull actively pursuing the Finn as a replacement for Mark Webber in 2014, he may be entering his final half-season with Lotus.
Lotus’ best chance to win for a second time in 2013 may come at the next round in Belgium. Raikkonen is one of the most successful drivers to have tackled the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit, winning the race four times and finishing on the podium last season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4