Aug 3, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Rain has moved out from the Pocono Raceway, but not before causing NASCAR to scratch a pair of practice sessions this morning for tomorrow’s Sprint Cup event, the GoBowling.com 400. The practices were originally scheduled for 9-9:50 a.m. ET and 11:30-12:20 p.m. ET.
According to Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News, the track was not dry for this morning’s first session and that the second session – “Happy Hour” – was cut since the rain stopped just 15 minutes before it was to begin.
Qualifying for today’s Camping World Truck Series race, the Pocono Mountains 125, was also cancelled this morning because of the rain.
The grid for that race was set according to Friday practice speeds, which means that Brazil’s Miguel Paludo and Florida’s Ross Chastain will be on the front row. Track drying is currently ongoing to get the 2.5-mile oval ready for the Trucks this afternoon.
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 0
- Racing community reflects on the loss of Fox Sports’ broadcaster Steve Byrnes 8
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 2