Aug 3, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Rain has moved out from the Pocono Raceway, but not before causing NASCAR to scratch a pair of practice sessions this morning for tomorrow’s Sprint Cup event, the GoBowling.com 400. The practices were originally scheduled for 9-9:50 a.m. ET and 11:30-12:20 p.m. ET.
According to Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News, the track was not dry for this morning’s first session and that the second session – “Happy Hour” – was cut since the rain stopped just 15 minutes before it was to begin.
Qualifying for today’s Camping World Truck Series race, the Pocono Mountains 125, was also cancelled this morning because of the rain.
The grid for that race was set according to Friday practice speeds, which means that Brazil’s Miguel Paludo and Florida’s Ross Chastain will be on the front row. Track drying is currently ongoing to get the 2.5-mile oval ready for the Trucks this afternoon.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)