Aug 3, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Rain has moved out from the Pocono Raceway, but not before causing NASCAR to scratch a pair of practice sessions this morning for tomorrow’s Sprint Cup event, the GoBowling.com 400. The practices were originally scheduled for 9-9:50 a.m. ET and 11:30-12:20 p.m. ET.
According to Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News, the track was not dry for this morning’s first session and that the second session – “Happy Hour” – was cut since the rain stopped just 15 minutes before it was to begin.
Qualifying for today’s Camping World Truck Series race, the Pocono Mountains 125, was also cancelled this morning because of the rain.
The grid for that race was set according to Friday practice speeds, which means that Brazil’s Miguel Paludo and Florida’s Ross Chastain will be on the front row. Track drying is currently ongoing to get the 2.5-mile oval ready for the Trucks this afternoon.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 14
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0