Aug 6, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
GP2 race James Calado has confirmed he is in discussions with Force India about a potential drive at the team in 2014 following a successful test for them at Silverstone.
“I can’t hide that we’re having discussions with Force India, my manager Nicolas Todt is talking to them now, and it’s hopefully likely that things will happen in the near future,” he told Sky.
Calado drove for Force India on all three days of last month’s Young Drivers’ Test at Silverstone.
“Doing the Force India test was fantastic. It was amazing to get in a Formula One car,” he said. “I was getting evaluated by the team and I’d like to say I did a fantastic job! I got to grips with it quicker than I expected actually and was able to give good feedback.”
“Driving away from the track at Silverstone I was confident,” he added, “I was pretty happy and then within a few days the team were ringing me up asking for more information, maybe [simulator] work and things like that.”
Calado is in his second year of GP2 but is yet to win a race this season. The ART driver scored two wins last year on his way to finishing as top rookie. He lies fifth in the championship at present, 45 points behind leader Stefano Coletti.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 5
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2