Aug 6, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
GP2 race James Calado has confirmed he is in discussions with Force India about a potential drive at the team in 2014 following a successful test for them at Silverstone.
“I can’t hide that we’re having discussions with Force India, my manager Nicolas Todt is talking to them now, and it’s hopefully likely that things will happen in the near future,” he told Sky.
Calado drove for Force India on all three days of last month’s Young Drivers’ Test at Silverstone.
“Doing the Force India test was fantastic. It was amazing to get in a Formula One car,” he said. “I was getting evaluated by the team and I’d like to say I did a fantastic job! I got to grips with it quicker than I expected actually and was able to give good feedback.”
“Driving away from the track at Silverstone I was confident,” he added, “I was pretty happy and then within a few days the team were ringing me up asking for more information, maybe [simulator] work and things like that.”
Calado is in his second year of GP2 but is yet to win a race this season. The ART driver scored two wins last year on his way to finishing as top rookie. He lies fifth in the championship at present, 45 points behind leader Stefano Coletti.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1