Aug 6, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
GP2 race James Calado has confirmed he is in discussions with Force India about a potential drive at the team in 2014 following a successful test for them at Silverstone.
“I can’t hide that we’re having discussions with Force India, my manager Nicolas Todt is talking to them now, and it’s hopefully likely that things will happen in the near future,” he told Sky.
Calado drove for Force India on all three days of last month’s Young Drivers’ Test at Silverstone.
“Doing the Force India test was fantastic. It was amazing to get in a Formula One car,” he said. “I was getting evaluated by the team and I’d like to say I did a fantastic job! I got to grips with it quicker than I expected actually and was able to give good feedback.”
“Driving away from the track at Silverstone I was confident,” he added, “I was pretty happy and then within a few days the team were ringing me up asking for more information, maybe [simulator] work and things like that.”
Calado is in his second year of GP2 but is yet to win a race this season. The ART driver scored two wins last year on his way to finishing as top rookie. He lies fifth in the championship at present, 45 points behind leader Stefano Coletti.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)