Aug 6, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
GP2 race James Calado has confirmed he is in discussions with Force India about a potential drive at the team in 2014 following a successful test for them at Silverstone.
“I can’t hide that we’re having discussions with Force India, my manager Nicolas Todt is talking to them now, and it’s hopefully likely that things will happen in the near future,” he told Sky.
Calado drove for Force India on all three days of last month’s Young Drivers’ Test at Silverstone.
“Doing the Force India test was fantastic. It was amazing to get in a Formula One car,” he said. “I was getting evaluated by the team and I’d like to say I did a fantastic job! I got to grips with it quicker than I expected actually and was able to give good feedback.”
“Driving away from the track at Silverstone I was confident,” he added, “I was pretty happy and then within a few days the team were ringing me up asking for more information, maybe [simulator] work and things like that.”
Calado is in his second year of GP2 but is yet to win a race this season. The ART driver scored two wins last year on his way to finishing as top rookie. He lies fifth in the championship at present, 45 points behind leader Stefano Coletti.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 12
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 47
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2