Aug 16, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
We’re still a week out from the IZOD IndyCar Series returning to action for the GoPro Grand Prix at Sonoma Raceway (Next Sunday, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN), but Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Dario Franchitti dropped by the San Francisco Bay Area early for a special visit with defending America’s Cup champions Oracle Team USA.
Franchitti, the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner, definitely appreciates speed in all forms, and from the looks of the video above, was quite impressed with Oracle’s state-of-the-art racing boats – calling them “IndyCars on water.”
As for Oracle, they’re currently awaiting the outcome of the best-of-13 Louis Vuitton Cup, which is being contested between Emirates Team New Zealand and Italy’s Luna Rossa Challenge. The LVC winner will move on to face Oracle for yachting’s biggest prize in September.
This weekend, NBCSN will have coverage of the first four races of the LVC Final between Emirates and Luna Rossa. Races 1 and 2 will air tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. ET, followed by Races 3 and 4 on Sunday, again at 6 p.m. ET.
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- The ingredients are set for Graham Rahal’s big, breakout year 0
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 2
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)