Aug 16, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
We’re still a week out from the IZOD IndyCar Series returning to action for the GoPro Grand Prix at Sonoma Raceway (Next Sunday, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN), but Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Dario Franchitti dropped by the San Francisco Bay Area early for a special visit with defending America’s Cup champions Oracle Team USA.
Franchitti, the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner, definitely appreciates speed in all forms, and from the looks of the video above, was quite impressed with Oracle’s state-of-the-art racing boats – calling them “IndyCars on water.”
As for Oracle, they’re currently awaiting the outcome of the best-of-13 Louis Vuitton Cup, which is being contested between Emirates Team New Zealand and Italy’s Luna Rossa Challenge. The LVC winner will move on to face Oracle for yachting’s biggest prize in September.
This weekend, NBCSN will have coverage of the first four races of the LVC Final between Emirates and Luna Rossa. Races 1 and 2 will air tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. ET, followed by Races 3 and 4 on Sunday, again at 6 p.m. ET.
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 0
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)