Aug 16, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
We’re still a week out from the IZOD IndyCar Series returning to action for the GoPro Grand Prix at Sonoma Raceway (Next Sunday, 4 p.m. ET, NBCSN), but Target Chip Ganassi Racing’s Dario Franchitti dropped by the San Francisco Bay Area early for a special visit with defending America’s Cup champions Oracle Team USA.
Franchitti, the three-time Indianapolis 500 winner, definitely appreciates speed in all forms, and from the looks of the video above, was quite impressed with Oracle’s state-of-the-art racing boats – calling them “IndyCars on water.”
As for Oracle, they’re currently awaiting the outcome of the best-of-13 Louis Vuitton Cup, which is being contested between Emirates Team New Zealand and Italy’s Luna Rossa Challenge. The LVC winner will move on to face Oracle for yachting’s biggest prize in September.
This weekend, NBCSN will have coverage of the first four races of the LVC Final between Emirates and Luna Rossa. Races 1 and 2 will air tomorrow evening at 6 p.m. ET, followed by Races 3 and 4 on Sunday, again at 6 p.m. ET.
- Ryan Briscoe making most of filling in for James Hinchcliffe 0
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 1
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 11
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 5
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 6