Aug 18, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Romain Grosjean is keen on putting an indifferent first half of the season behind him as Formula One returns from its summer break at Belgium next weekend. The French driver is confident that Lotus will not only be strong at Spa-Francorchamps, but also for the rest of the season with the remaining nine circuits suiting the E21 car.
Speaking about Spa in the team’s race preview, Grosjean said: “It should fit our car pretty well. In fact, the second half of the season looks good overall in terms of how the tracks should suit the E21. Hopefully we’ll have everything we need to win races.”
Grosjean has fond memories of Spa, despite receiving a one-race ban for causing an accident at the start of last year’s Belgian Grand Prix.
“I’m looking forward to it as it’s a special track and I also won the GP2 Series title there in 2011, so it’ll be good for me to be back there again.
“If we have the pace we displayed in Budapest at a more normal circuit with better overtaking opportunities – and a bit wider track too – then I think good things could well be possible.”
The team is expected to use its passive DRS device in Belgium that should give Grosjean and teammate Kimi Raikkonen a straight-line speed advantage at one of the fastest tracks on the calendar.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)