Aug 19, 2013, 2:45 PM EDT
Ryan Briscoe will make his sixth and last IndyCar start of 2013 for Panther Racing (seventh overall, with the Indianapolis 500) at this weekend’s GoPro Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma (4 p.m. EST, Sunday, NBCSN).
Briscoe has been cleared to drive after recovering from surgery on his right wrist. He tested last Tuesday at Sonoma with a carbon fiber wrist brace, and will now have the opportunity to defend his 2012 Sonoma race win.
“I’m obviously very happy to be back with the team and in the National Guard car,” Briscoe said in a team release. “My wrist held up pretty good during the test, although the (wrist) brace was a bit of a nuisance. But we made good progress during the test and worked through our program really well. I was pleased with our pace and definitely looking forward to coming back next week to find more speed.”
Conflicts on each of the three remaining IndyCar weekends at Baltimore, Houston and Fontana with the American Le Mans Series will see Briscoe back in one of Level 5 Motorsports’ HPD ARX-03bs in the P2 class. The team will name its replacement for those races after Sonoma, but it is likely to be Oriol Servia once again.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 1
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 8
- Sebastian Saavedra leads at halfway in IndyCar season finale (VIDEO) 0
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2