Aug 19, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Esteban Gutierrez believes his Sauber is capable of a top ten finish in this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
Gutierrez is is yet to score the first points of his maiden F1 campaign. Team mate Nico Hulkenberg, who has out-qualified him in all ten rounds so far, has scored in four races so far including two of the last three.
Sauber’s rookie driver said the previous race had shown his car was capable of reaching the top ten: “Obviously qualifying in Hungary was not good, because of the time we lost in [final practice],” he said.
“But I think we can manage to get into the position we were expecting, which is around P10 in Spa-Francorchamps.”
Gutierrez is relishing his first taste of how a Formula One car performs on the much-loved Belgian track: “It is one of the tracks that I enjoy driving the most, because it has a lot of quick corners and it just flows.”
“You can feel the limits of the car at really high speeds. One lap is quite long and sometimes you even face varying weather conditions in different parts of the track – on one side it might be raining, while the other side might be dry. This makes it very challenging and interesting.”
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 0
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed 6
- Williams launches new livery, confirms Martini partnership 3
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- UPDATED: FIA decision on Haas, new F1 teams delayed (5)