Aug 20, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
NBCSN recently aired the last two events of the Pirelli World Challenge on the streets of Toronto and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. But just in case you missed the broadcast, we’ve got a few clips to share with you.
Above is the final lap from Sunday’s GT/GTS class race at M-O, which saw American driver Alex Figge complete a weekend sweep in GT and Lawson Aschenbach take the win in GTS.
Figge’s twin triumphs at M-O marked the first time he had seen the podium since winning during the season-opening weekend at St. Petersburg, Florida.
“It’s been a tough season and those guys kept their heads up and gave me a car I could drive hard the whole race,” Figge said in a statement from his K-PAX Racing team.
“[Teammate] Randy [Pobst] was a big help too, keeping some of the heat off. Just a great weekend for the crew and the Volvos.”
But before heading for the Buckeye State, the PWC contingent made a stop in Toronto last month that featured its fair share of action as well.
Above are highlights from Round 8 of the Touring Car class as they battled through Exhibition Place. In the end, Michael Cooper won in TC to cap off his own weekend sweep in the class, while Ernie Francis, Jr. won in TCB. Joel Lipperini also earned himself a TCB win at Toronto (Round 7).
The Pirelli World Challenge will return to competition this Friday at Sonoma Raceway, with NBCSN set to air the races from the Northern California circuit on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 0
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1