Aug 20, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Former F1 team principal turned pundit Eddie Jordan believes Raikkonen is seeking a return to Ferrari, who he last drove for in 2009.
Raikkonen lost his seat to Fernando Alonso for 2010. However Jordan claims there are elements within Ferrari who want to bring him back as Alonso’s team mate. However president Luca di Montezemolo has spoken against pairing two top drivers in the past.
Ferrari traditionally make decisions about their driver line-up at the Italian Grand Prix. However last year they waited until October before confirming Felipe Massa would remain in their squad.
Massa’s position at the team is in doubt again after another patchy season to date in which he has once again scored less than half the points score achieved by his team mate.
There are also claims the Red Bull door may not be closed to Raikkonen yet. According to Sky, Raikkonen’s team will meet with Red Bull for a final round of talks at this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix.
Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has not given up hope of retaining his driver, but admitted to Autosport they could not afford to keep him at any price: “I would like to keep him, to be honest, but I want to keep him with the right conditions.”
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 1
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 8