Aug 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Paul di Resta says Force India need to make sure they don’t let any more opportunities slip through their fingers in their 2013 campaign.
“I don’t want to let this championship get away from us,” said Di Resta ahead of this weekend’s Belgian Grand Prix. “We started off really well and there is no reason why we can’t keep doing that.”
“We have missed some opportunities lately and that allowed our rivals to close in, but I have faith in the team and I know everyone is working hard for the races ahead.”
Di Resta equaled his best-ever race finish with fourth in the Bahrain Grand Prix earlier this year and strung together six consecutive points finishes. But errors during qualifying in Monaco and Canada saw him get eliminated in Q1 at both races, and he was sent to the back of the grid at Silverstone after failing a weight check.
In Hungary Di Resta failed to progress beyond Q1 again but this time it seemed the car simply wasn’t fast enough. “We need to get the car working for us like before,” he said.
“In Budapest it was difficult to drive, but sometimes you get those tough weekends. Since then we have regrouped and analysed the previous races properly and hopefully this weekend will be a fresh start.
“We usually do well in Belgium and everyone is determined to get back to the situation we had at the start of the year when we seemed to be punching above our weight.”
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 1
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1