Aug 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali played down speculation about future changes in the team’s driver line-up and said they were concentrating on improving their car.
“We have spelt it out many times before: the driver topic is definitely not a priority,” said Domenicali, addressing staff in Maranello. Rumors linked Kimi Raikkonen to a return to the team he drove for between 2007 and 2009. There are also question marks over Felipe Massa’s future at Ferrari as his 2013 campaign continues to disappoint.
Domenicali wants his team’s focus to be on the car, not its drivers. “What counts is to give them the best possible chance of finishing ahead of everyone and, in order to succeed, each and every one of us must do our job to the best of our ability on all levels,” he said.
“If they have a winning car in their hands, then I am convinced they will know how to win with it. If we all believe, then we can do it!”
Domenicali urged his employees to keep the faith in their cause: “I don’t want to see any of you not believing in our fightback: each one of you must be the link in a chain of positivity that must drive the team along in what is a key moment in the season.”
“We are Ferrari and history teaches us that we must never accept we are beaten. There is much talk outside the company regarding the future, but we must concentrate only on the present, on the fight for the championship.
“The words of our president before the summer break must serve as a stimulus, because they were meant as the words of a good family father, who, first and foremost really roots for our team: keep those words in mind and let’s all pull together, starting in Spa.”
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 0
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 0
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 13