Aug 21, 2013, 4:15 PM EST
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series raced on a Wednesday evening was at Eldora Speedway about a month ago. That was on dirt.
Suffice to say this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway, although it’s also a short track, is not going to measure up on the hype meter.
Several years ago, the Trucks moved their Bristol August date to a Wednesday and it’s a good warm-up act for the weekend. Primarily, the reason for doing so is to get the Trucks moved in-and-out of the tiny 0.533-mile, high banked oval before the Sprint Cup and Nationwide teams move in.
But while the Cup and Nationwide night races always seem to have at least one form of contact and dust-up – Tony Stewart‘s helmet toss at Matt Kenseth was last year’s on the Cup side – the Trucks run fairly under the radar.
38 trucks are entered for tonight’s race, including Sprint Cup regulars Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch. It’s a normal event for the trucks before next week, they head north of the border to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park at Mosport for a road course race, which should be eventful.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 2
- NASCAR Media Tour begins today, but drivers still in idle 2
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 7
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 5
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 19
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3