Aug 21, 2013, 4:15 PM EDT
The last time the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series raced on a Wednesday evening was at Eldora Speedway about a month ago. That was on dirt.
Suffice to say this evening’s UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway, although it’s also a short track, is not going to measure up on the hype meter.
Several years ago, the Trucks moved their Bristol August date to a Wednesday and it’s a good warm-up act for the weekend. Primarily, the reason for doing so is to get the Trucks moved in-and-out of the tiny 0.533-mile, high banked oval before the Sprint Cup and Nationwide teams move in.
But while the Cup and Nationwide night races always seem to have at least one form of contact and dust-up – Tony Stewart‘s helmet toss at Matt Kenseth was last year’s on the Cup side – the Trucks run fairly under the radar.
38 trucks are entered for tonight’s race, including Sprint Cup regulars Brad Keselowski and Kyle Busch. It’s a normal event for the trucks before next week, they head north of the border to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park at Mosport for a road course race, which should be eventful.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0