Aug 22, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Heikki Kovalainen will have his third and fourth free practice 1 outings coming up at the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix for Caterham. He also took the wheel of the CT03-Renault at Bahrain and Spain earlier this year.
The Finn will deputize for Charles Pic this weekend before taking over for Giedo van der Garde at Monza in a couple weeks.
Caterham’s made significant gains over the course of the year and have pulled away from fellow tail-ender Marussia, but do not yet have a better result to eclipse Marussia for 10th in the Constructor’s Championship. Kovalainen’s input should be able to help push the team a little bit further, even if it will still take a lottery for Caterham to finish in the top 10 or 12.
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 1
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1
- Kyle Busch ready to claim his ‘second’ Sprint Cup championship 2
- Marcos Ambrose decision to leave RPM, NASCAR due to family, desire to return to Australia 4