Aug 22, 2013, 11:57 AM EST
Heikki Kovalainen will have his third and fourth free practice 1 outings coming up at the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix for Caterham. He also took the wheel of the CT03-Renault at Bahrain and Spain earlier this year.
The Finn will deputize for Charles Pic this weekend before taking over for Giedo van der Garde at Monza in a couple weeks.
Caterham’s made significant gains over the course of the year and have pulled away from fellow tail-ender Marussia, but do not yet have a better result to eclipse Marussia for 10th in the Constructor’s Championship. Kovalainen’s input should be able to help push the team a little bit further, even if it will still take a lottery for Caterham to finish in the top 10 or 12.
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 0
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 2
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0