Aug 22, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Heikki Kovalainen will have his third and fourth free practice 1 outings coming up at the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix for Caterham. He also took the wheel of the CT03-Renault at Bahrain and Spain earlier this year.
The Finn will deputize for Charles Pic this weekend before taking over for Giedo van der Garde at Monza in a couple weeks.
Caterham’s made significant gains over the course of the year and have pulled away from fellow tail-ender Marussia, but do not yet have a better result to eclipse Marussia for 10th in the Constructor’s Championship. Kovalainen’s input should be able to help push the team a little bit further, even if it will still take a lottery for Caterham to finish in the top 10 or 12.
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)