Aug 22, 2013, 11:57 AM EDT
Heikki Kovalainen will have his third and fourth free practice 1 outings coming up at the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix for Caterham. He also took the wheel of the CT03-Renault at Bahrain and Spain earlier this year.
The Finn will deputize for Charles Pic this weekend before taking over for Giedo van der Garde at Monza in a couple weeks.
Caterham’s made significant gains over the course of the year and have pulled away from fellow tail-ender Marussia, but do not yet have a better result to eclipse Marussia for 10th in the Constructor’s Championship. Kovalainen’s input should be able to help push the team a little bit further, even if it will still take a lottery for Caterham to finish in the top 10 or 12.
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5