Aug 23, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Michael Waltrip Racing made a splash with signing Brian Vickers as the full-time driver of the No. 55 Aaron’s Toyota for the next two seasons of NASCAR Sprint Cup. He’ll have a new crew chief, because according to media reports, Rodney Childers will be on the move to Stewart-Haas Racing to team with Kevin Harvick.
“It’s just a personal decision,” Childers told USA Today’s Jeff Gluck. “I’ve thought about it for a long time and just woke up one day and that’s what my heart told me I should do.”
He’ll leave Vickers, which he acknowledged was a difficult decision. Waltrip had said as recently as August 13 that he believed Childers would stay at MWR.
Much has changed since that point. Martin is off to Stewart-Haas as a temporary fill-in driver for Tony Stewart, and now Childers appears ready to leave next.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 4
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 4
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 17
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 1
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)