Aug 24, 2013, 9:40 PM EST
Kyle Busch is playing the strategy card as he tries to get up front from the 43rd starting position in tonight’s Irwin Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Busch has already had quite the eventful night. He had made noticeable progress in the first 100 laps before his car snapped loose momentarily on Lap 108 and caused Joey Logano to make contact with him from behind.
The run-in damaged Busch’s left rear fender, but while he fell to 31st as a result, he was able to stay on the lead lap despite multiple stops for repairs.
By Lap 245, Busch had made his way up to 23rd before the No. 18 crew opted to keep him on the track when the yellow emerged about 10 laps later.
- Cost cap, double points for Abu Dhabi part of new FIA regulation changes 5
- Team co-owned by Leonardo DiCaprio is 10th and last for FE 1
- Franchitti’s ride appears down to Briscoe or Tagliani vs. the field 1
- Jay Mohr’s skewering monologue stars at NASCAR banquet (VIDEO) 1
- Todt re-elected as FIA President, plans “ambitious” second term 1
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)