Aug 25, 2013, 6:30 AM EDT
Qualifying at Spa-Francorchamps was a wet affair on Saturday as the rain came and went frequently throughout the session. Despite making driving more difficult, it did allow for a couple of shocks as both Caterham and Marussia made it through to Q2 after a gamble on dry tires paid off. In the final session, Paul di Resta very nearly claimed a surprise pole position for Force India after he braved the torrid conditions on wet tires, but a break in the weather allowed Mark Webber, Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton all to trump him with their final times. Ultimately, Hamilton managed to edge out Vettel by two-tenths of a second, securing his fourth consecutive pole and fifth of the season.
As well as watching the Belgian Grand Prix on NBCSN from 7:30am ET, you can catch the live coverage via NBC Sports Live Extra on your phone or tablet.
Customers with participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers can access the free service, which provides streaming coverage of all live NBC Sports events on both NBC and NBCSN through NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and select Android devices (available for purchase at the App Store and Google Play).
Formula One races are part of the programming shown on NBC Sports Live Extra, which also features the rest of NBCSN’s live-event roster: The IZOD IndyCar Series, the National Hockey League, the English Premier League, Major League Soccer, horse racing’s Triple Crown, and more.
You can also follow the Belgian Grand Prix live via the @F1onNBCSports Twitter account, which will be providing live commentary throughout the race.
Finally, be sure to visit MotorSportsTalk throughout the weekend for all of the latest news and updates from the Belgian Grand Prix.
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 0
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0
- Rosberg fastest once again in second British GP practice 0
- Rosberg tops FP1 at Silverstone after gearbox change 0
- NHRA: Tony Pedregon hopes to keep momentum going in Norwalk 0