Aug 25, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
The reaction on Twitter has been fast – and mostly negative – toward Scott Dixon’s costly pit road penalty near the end of today’s GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma, which was won by Will Power.
Upon making his final stop of the day, Dixon peeled out of his pit box but hit a tire that was being carried by a crewman from Will Power’s team. The impact sent the crewman into another Power crewman, with both falling to the ground.
Race Control called a drive-through penalty on Dixon for a pit safety violation, knocking him all the way to 21st. He would rally to finish 15th, but still missed out on a potential win and a chance to move closer to championship leader Helio Castroneves, who finished seventh on Sunday.
Following the race, Dixon went on Twitter to call out what he saw as “bad sportsmanship” on the part of the Power crewman that he hit.
Additionally, here’s a smattering of more Tweets regarding Dixon’s penalty from other active professional drivers and race fans alike.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 0
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0