Aug 25, 2013, 8:31 PM EST
The reaction on Twitter has been fast – and mostly negative – toward Scott Dixon’s costly pit road penalty near the end of today’s GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma, which was won by Will Power.
Upon making his final stop of the day, Dixon peeled out of his pit box but hit a tire that was being carried by a crewman from Will Power’s team. The impact sent the crewman into another Power crewman, with both falling to the ground.
Race Control called a drive-through penalty on Dixon for a pit safety violation, knocking him all the way to 21st. He would rally to finish 15th, but still missed out on a potential win and a chance to move closer to championship leader Helio Castroneves, who finished seventh on Sunday.
Following the race, Dixon went on Twitter to call out what he saw as “bad sportsmanship” on the part of the Power crewman that he hit.
Additionally, here’s a smattering of more Tweets regarding Dixon’s penalty from other active professional drivers and race fans alike.
- Red Bull RB11 launched in camouflage testing livery 0
- Jimmie Johnson likes new Chase format, but misses the one that brought him six championships 1
- Toro Rosso reveals STR10 ahead of Jerez test 1
- Long: Journey for Wendell Scott’s family ends with a kiss (VIDEO) 0
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 1