Aug 26, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
Level 5 Motorsports received a big boost to its bid for the 2013 American Le Mans Series P2 championship, as Guy Cosmo has joined the team following his resignation from rival outfit Extreme Speed Motorsports.
Cosmo (pictured, last year), who is currently tied for third in P2 points with now-former ESM teammate Scott Sharp, will now partner up with Level 5’s Scott Tucker and Marino Franchitti, who are currently first and second in the class standings.
The next race for the ALMS comes this weekend on the streets of Baltimore.
“I’m looking forward to Baltimore, and am very excited to be welcomed on board at Level 5,” Cosmo said in a statement. “I’ve seen first hand how formidable a competitor they’ve proven to be, and their dedication to excellence is clear to everyone.
“It is a championship-caliber organization and I am looking forward to having a strong finish to the season in these next four races.”
As for ESM, they’ve responded by bringing in Anthony Lazzaro to team up with Sharp in their No. 01 entry for Baltimore. Lazzaro, a regular in the GRAND-AM Rolex Series’ GT class, has had prior experience with the group in both P2 and GT entries.
“Anthony knows us, the team, the cars and I think he’ll jump into the No. 01 and do a terrific job as my co-driver in Baltimore,” Sharp said in a team release. “We’re ready to conquer Baltimore and get back on that top step of the podium.”
“I want to thank Guy for representing ESM and [sponsor] Tequila Patrón for the last three years. On behalf of the team, we wish him well on his future endeavors.”
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1
- Kimi Raikkonen quickest in first practice for Bahrain GP 2
- F1 Paddock Pass: Bahrain Grand Prix (VIDEO) 1