Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 3
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2