Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 0
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 1
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 3
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)