Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 2
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 2
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 1