Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 6
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1
- Rutledge Wood joins NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR and motors coverage 6
- NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include Chase drivers 3
- Health issues to sideline Brian Vickers for early part of 2015 Sprint Cup season 5