Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1