Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
- From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5