Aug 26, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Target Chip Ganassi Racing managing director Mike Hull was frustrated, but classy and diplomatic, when interviewed by NBCSN following the penalty assessed to Scott Dixon for a pit lane infraction on Lap 70 of the GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Sunday night, Hull was candid and fired up on Twitter regarding the penalty.
The opening tweet: “Have now watched a real replay; understand safety, but he walked into us; @IndyCar needs to move from postage stamp video into real world; @scottdixon9 been affected now twice & @dariofranchitti (Toronto) by their lack of tech upgrade in a so-called-innovative series. Thought they’re in same bldg as IMSProductions.”
Some of the other tweets in responding to both media and fan inquiries: “Think that terrible is a mild adjective – thanks,” said one.
Another, when a fan thanked Hull for being sensible: “Thanks – Floyd Ganassi said “some days you get chicken feathers & somedays chicken dinner” today was feathers.”
A full view of Hull’s back-and-forth can be found on his feed, @IndyMHull.
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0