Aug 27, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Sebastian Vettel equaled Nigel Mansell’s victories tally in the Belgian Grand Prix. Here’s the top five stats from Sunday’s race.
Vettel matches Mansell…
Sebastian Vettel’s 31st career win means he is now tied in fifth place on the all-time winners list with Nigel Mansell. It took the 1992 world champion 185 starts to reach the tally – Vettel got there in 112.
The next driver ahead of Vettel on the all-time winners list is Fernando Alonso, with 32 wins. Vettel could soon surpass him as the most successful driver current competing in F1 in terms of victories.
The race’s fastest lap also fell to Vettel. This was the 19th time he’s set fastest lap, giving him the same tally as fellow thrice-champion Ayrton Senna, plus Stirling Moss and Damon Hill.
Raikkonen’s run ends
Hamilton on a hot streak
Lewis Hamilton is in the best qualifying form of his career at the moment. Four consecutive pole positions and seven consecutive front row starts are both personal bests.
Penalties pile up
Four drivers collected penalties during the Belgian Grand Prix: Pastor Maldonado, Sergio Perez, Max Chilton and Esteban Gutierrez.
A total of 26 penalties have been handed out in the 11 races so far this year. So far Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Nico Rosberg, Paul di Resta, Valtteri Bottas, Jean-Eric Vergne and Jules Bianchi have stayed out of trouble.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5