Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 0
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 1
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1