Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
- Vettel suspects Mercedes of sandbagging during practice 1
- Mattiacci determined to turn around Ferrari’s failing season 4
- Hamilton recovers in FP2 to edge out Alonso and Rosberg 0
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 1
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 5
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)