Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. ponders a 24-hour NASCAR race 0
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 3
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 12
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2