Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
- Rick Allen named lead NASCAR announcer for NBC Sports 0
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement 9
- 2014 F1 schedule finalized without New Jersey, Mexico, and Korea 0
- Jeff Burton joins NBC Sports as NASCAR analyst 2
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN 6
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (9)
- Stewart: There’s “a lot of potential” for Danica Patrick (7)
- NASCAR buys Iowa Speedway, no Cup date planned (UPDATED) (6)
- FIA considering pole trophy and permanent numbers (6)
- “The Fast and the Furious” star Paul Walker, 40, dies in car crash (UPDATED) (6)