Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 0
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 1
- Keselowski wins in Vegas as Dale Jr. runs dry on final lap 2
- NHRA king John Force charging as hard in boardroom for new sponsors as on the dragstrip 0
- Who are the new rookies in F1 this season? 1
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)