Aug 28, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Former NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte sustained three broken ribs in a cycling accident Wednesday morning, and he’ll be held overnight for observation.
Mike Bliss will fill in for Labonte in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet, one of its last races before the team changes ownership to Harry Scott Jr. from James Finch. Bliss follows eight others who have been in the No. 51 car this year.
Labonte has raced both the No. 51 and the No. 47 JTG Daugherty Racing Toyota this year.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1