Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Dario Franchitti heads into this weekend’s Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT by leading the IZOD IndyCar Series in a category you might not think of off the top of your head: most different paint schemes.
Franchitti’s No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda will be adorned in the black and white of Cessna this weekend. It’s the fourth different all-black variation of the No. 10, after Lexar (Brazil), Suave Men (Detroit) and Energizer (Pocono).
In total, it’s the 10th overall for Franchitti in 16 races with other guest appearances by Banana Boat (Barber), Belkin (Texas), Huggies (Miilwaukee), Glad (Iowa) and GE Reveal (Mid-Ohio). Interestingly, Franchitti has driven with primary Target sponsorship on only five race weekends (St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Indianapolis, Toronto, Sonoma) this year!
See the images linked below for a run through all the variations of Franchitti’s car this year.
Other livery changes to look out for this weekend:
- Points leader Helio Castroneves is back in the blue-and-black for PPG after the red-and-black Hitachi No. 3 Team Penske Chevrolet at Sonoma.
- Graham Rahal has his second start in the blue, white and black No. 15 blu eCigs Honda for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Brazil).
- Series debutante Stefan Wilson will run the white-and-green No. 18 Nirvana Tea Honda for Dale Coyne Racing.
- Marco Andretti reprises the Dr Pepper livery of his No. 25 Andretti Autosport Chevrolet as he ran in Toronto.
- Rookie Tristan Vautier is listed with the traditional orange, white and black on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda, after two races in the green, yellow and black of Angie’s List.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 87
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 14
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1