Aug 28, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Dario Franchitti heads into this weekend’s Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT by leading the IZOD IndyCar Series in a category you might not think of off the top of your head: most different paint schemes.
Franchitti’s No. 10 Target Chip Ganassi Racing Honda will be adorned in the black and white of Cessna this weekend. It’s the fourth different all-black variation of the No. 10, after Lexar (Brazil), Suave Men (Detroit) and Energizer (Pocono).
In total, it’s the 10th overall for Franchitti in 16 races with other guest appearances by Banana Boat (Barber), Belkin (Texas), Huggies (Miilwaukee), Glad (Iowa) and GE Reveal (Mid-Ohio). Interestingly, Franchitti has driven with primary Target sponsorship on only five race weekends (St. Petersburg, Long Beach, Indianapolis, Toronto, Sonoma) this year!
See the images linked below for a run through all the variations of Franchitti’s car this year.
Other livery changes to look out for this weekend:
- Points leader Helio Castroneves is back in the blue-and-black for PPG after the red-and-black Hitachi No. 3 Team Penske Chevrolet at Sonoma.
- Graham Rahal has his second start in the blue, white and black No. 15 blu eCigs Honda for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Brazil).
- Series debutante Stefan Wilson will run the white-and-green No. 18 Nirvana Tea Honda for Dale Coyne Racing.
- Marco Andretti reprises the Dr Pepper livery of his No. 25 Andretti Autosport Chevrolet as he ran in Toronto.
- Rookie Tristan Vautier is listed with the traditional orange, white and black on his No. 55 Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda, after two races in the green, yellow and black of Angie’s List.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 9
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2