Aug 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Let’s be honest. We couldn’t, really, have had a Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT without Oriol Servia.
Confirmation of the Catalan’s latest start in the revolving door that is the No. 4 National Guard Panther Racing Chevrolet for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race came Wednesday morning. He’s set to finish out the 2013 season, as well, in Houston and Fontana.
Servia, whose first name doubles as the mascot for the baseball team – if one letter different – finished second with Newman/Haas Racing in the inaugural Baltimore race in 2011, and was seventh in the Panther DRR No. 22 Chevrolet a year ago.
“King of diversity,” was Servia’s reply back to me on Twitter earlier this morning.
Also of note for the team, Panther put out its latest “Inside Track” video on Wednesday. It recaps the team’s last 2013 weekend with Ryan Briscoe, who will miss the remaining IndyCar rounds due to his American Le Mans Series commitments with Level 5 Motorsports.
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 5
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1