Aug 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
Let’s be honest. We couldn’t, really, have had a Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT without Oriol Servia.
Confirmation of the Catalan’s latest start in the revolving door that is the No. 4 National Guard Panther Racing Chevrolet for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race came Wednesday morning. He’s set to finish out the 2013 season, as well, in Houston and Fontana.
Servia, whose first name doubles as the mascot for the baseball team – if one letter different – finished second with Newman/Haas Racing in the inaugural Baltimore race in 2011, and was seventh in the Panther DRR No. 22 Chevrolet a year ago.
“King of diversity,” was Servia’s reply back to me on Twitter earlier this morning.
Also of note for the team, Panther put out its latest “Inside Track” video on Wednesday. It recaps the team’s last 2013 weekend with Ryan Briscoe, who will miss the remaining IndyCar rounds due to his American Le Mans Series commitments with Level 5 Motorsports.
- Alonso fastest in first practice for Chinese GP 0
- Flashback to when a 67-second pit stop at the Indy 500 was fast vs. a modern-day F1 stop (video) 1
- VIDEO: Chinese GP Paddock Pass 0
- BREAKING NEWS: Swan Racing’s future in NASCAR in question 2
- Long Beach weekend atmosphere thrills Roger Daltrey, as he promotes Teen Cancer America 0
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)