Aug 28, 2013, 4:00 PM EST
Let’s be honest. We couldn’t, really, have had a Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT without Oriol Servia.
Confirmation of the Catalan’s latest start in the revolving door that is the No. 4 National Guard Panther Racing Chevrolet for this weekend’s IZOD IndyCar Series race came Wednesday morning. He’s set to finish out the 2013 season, as well, in Houston and Fontana.
Servia, whose first name doubles as the mascot for the baseball team – if one letter different – finished second with Newman/Haas Racing in the inaugural Baltimore race in 2011, and was seventh in the Panther DRR No. 22 Chevrolet a year ago.
“King of diversity,” was Servia’s reply back to me on Twitter earlier this morning.
Also of note for the team, Panther put out its latest “Inside Track” video on Wednesday. It recaps the team’s last 2013 weekend with Ryan Briscoe, who will miss the remaining IndyCar rounds due to his American Le Mans Series commitments with Level 5 Motorsports.
- Eddie Gossage: “Foolish move” by F1 to go head-to-head with NASCAR at Texas (12)
- GP of America organizers issue statement on race postponement (10)
- IndyCar TV sked for 2014 released; 13 races to be shown on NBCSN (9)
- NASCAR Sprint Cup silly season update for 2014 (8)
- Mark Miles talks about the road ahead for IndyCar (8)