Aug 30, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
Earlier today on the streets of Baltimore, Klaus Graf grabbed the fourth American Le Mans Series pole of the season for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing’s No. 6 HPD ARX-03c.
The German pilot, who shares the No. 6 with Lucas Luhr, turned in a lap of 85.29 seconds around the two-mile street circuit to earn P1 on the grid for tomorrow’s two-hour ALMS event.
“I think the track changed quite a bit throughout the day, especially with the IndyCars running as well before qualifying,” said Graf. “There was a lot of grip and you could tell by the lap times that everyone was running faster and faster.
“The difficulty is for the drivers to anticipate the grip level and we were just getting quicker and quicker every lap.”
In P2, Ryan Briscoe – who is returning to an ALMS cockpit for the first time since breaking his wrist last month in the IndyCar doubleheader at Toronto – grabbed the pole in the No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b with a lap of 87.17 seconds.
As for Level 5′s newest driver, Guy Cosmo, he’ll start fourth in class in the No. 552 alongside team owner Scott Tucker and Marino Franchitti.
Also earning poles were Bill Auberlen (No. 55 Team RLL BMW Z4 GT4) in GT, Dane Cameron (No. 52 PR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09) in Prototype Challenge, and Jeroen Bleekemolen (No. 22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup) in GT Challenge.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 1
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 1
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 8
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)