Aug 30, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
Two senior figures at Lotus F1 Team have expressed their confidence that the team will bounce back to form at the Italian Grand Prix next weekend following a disappointing showing in Belgium last time out.
Team principal Eric Boullier is confident that the team will respond in the best possible fashion after scoring just four points at Spa-Francorchamps, with the Monza circuit being more suited to the car.
“Monza is a very different circuit from Spa and we have an equally different aerodynamic package for the car,” Boullier explained. “The weather is usually better in Italy than we saw in Belgium this year so that could help us. We certainly expect better performance and results than we saw last time out.”
For trackside operations director Alan Permane, the car has every element required to be quick at the high-speed circuit.
“There’s certainly nothing which jumps up and causes us any great concerns,” he said. “You need an aerodynamically efficient car – which we have – and a powerful engine which Renault supplies us with. You also need a car that has good change of direction for the interruptions to the straights.”
Therefore, the team could be in the running to claim its second win of the season next weekend, but all eyes are on Kimi Raikkonen as the Finnish driver appears to be seeking a way out of Enstone.
The race at Monza will also mark Romain Grosjean’s first grand prix in Italy since 2009, having been banned from last year’s race due to the start-line incident at the Belgian Grand Prix.
Video from NASCAR America
- Report: Grand jury now hearing testimony in Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case 2
- 2015 Sprint Cup rules to feature reduced testing, less horsepower 8
- COTA: A circuit to behold from the passenger’s seat 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Team Penske pushing for incredible season (VIDEO) 0
- Lotterer: “F1 (racing) isn’t what it used to be anymore” 0
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 3
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 1