Aug 30, 2013, 11:07 AM EST
Times fell throughout the 45-minute opening practice session for the IZOD IndyCar Series Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT before Will Power laid down the first 1:20 lap of the weekend. The GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma race winner set a fastest lap of 1:20.8632 around the 2.04-mile street circuit.
Next up was E.J. Viso, ahead of Oriol Servia, back for Panther Racing, Graham Rahal in the newly reliveried blu eCigs RLL Honda and Scott Dixon. All were in the 1:21.1-3 range.
Josef Newgarden, Simon Pagenaud, Tristan Vautier, Marco Andretti and Sebastien Bourdais rounded out the top 10.
Three red flags, one apiece for Bourdais and Stefan Wilson stopped on course and third to retrieve a piece of debris, interrupted the session. The younger Wilson completed 19 laps in his first official IndyCar practice session with a best lap of 1:25.2797 as he learns the No. 18 Nirvana Tea Dale Coyne Racing Honda car and the Baltimore track. He also raced at Baltimore in Indy Lights in 2011.
Practice 2 will be held at 2:05 p.m. EST.
Video from NASCAR America
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16