Aug 31, 2013, 10:51 AM EST
Simon Pagenaud led Saturday morning’s practice session for the IZOD IndyCar Series Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT. The third 45-minute session is the last before qualifying, which will be held at noon ET and on NBCSN at 6 p.m. ET.
Times stayed in the 1:18 range around the 2.04-mile with Pagenaud’s 1:18.4391 leading the way in the No. 77 HP Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports Honda. His teammate, Tristan Vautier, led Friday’s second practice.
Scott Dixon and Will Power were second and third, although the two had another coming together in the morning session. Power tapped Dixon from behind at Turn 12, which sent the Kiwi into the concrete barrier and left both with broken front wings. That said, it didn’t appear an intentional incident as Dixon tried to give Power room entering the corner.
Sebastien Bourdais and James Jakes rounded out the top five. Jakes, unfortunately, will take a 10-spot grid penalty ahead of qualifying for switching to a sixth Honda engine.
Simona de Silvestro brought out a red flag after nosing into the barriers at Turn 8.
Qualifying groups for today’s session are below.
Group 1 Group 2 #15 Graham Rahal #55 Tristan Vautier #9 Scott Dixon #67 Josef Newgarden #12 Will Power #77 Simon Pagenaud #14 Takuma Sato #11 Tony Kanaan #10 Dario Franchitti #7 Sebastien Bourdais #4 Oriol Servia #98 Luca Filippi #27 James Hinchcliffe #3 Helio Castroneves #1 Ryan Hunter-Reay #5 E.J. Viso #6 Sebastian Saavedra #19 Justin Wilson #16 James Jakes #83 Charlie Kimball #78 Simona de Silvestro #25 Marco Andretti #18 Stefan Wilson #20 Ed Carpenter
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1