Sep 1, 2013, 3:13 PM EDT
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports rookie Tristan Vautier has been fined $10,000 and put on probation by INDYCAR after getting into the back of Graham Rahal in yellow-flag conditions during yesterday’s qualifying session in Baltimore.
Vautier violated Rules 18.104.22.168 (aggressive actions and/or unsportsmanlike behavior toward other members) and 22.214.171.124.b (reduced speed under yellow conditions) of the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook. His probation period will end following the conclusion of the 2013 season.
Toward the end of yesterday’s first-round of qualifying for Group 2, Rahal found the tire barriers at Turn 8 and was then hit from behind by Vautier.
The incident caused a red flag, which meant Rahal lost his two fastest laps. But Vautier was not penalized at the time and went on to the Firestone Fast Six.
- F1 Paddock Pass: Italian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Off The Grid: Silverstone preview (premieres 9/5 at 9:30am ET on NBCSN) 0
- Hamilton quickest again in second Italian GP practice 1
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 1
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 4
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 4