Sep 1, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports rookie Tristan Vautier has been fined $10,000 and put on probation by INDYCAR after getting into the back of Graham Rahal in yellow-flag conditions during yesterday’s qualifying session in Baltimore.
Vautier violated Rules 188.8.131.52 (aggressive actions and/or unsportsmanlike behavior toward other members) and 184.108.40.206.b (reduced speed under yellow conditions) of the IZOD IndyCar Series rulebook. His probation period will end following the conclusion of the 2013 season.
Toward the end of yesterday’s first-round of qualifying for Group 2, Rahal found the tire barriers at Turn 8 and was then hit from behind by Vautier.
The incident caused a red flag, which meant Rahal lost his two fastest laps. But Vautier was not penalized at the time and went on to the Firestone Fast Six.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 1
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 5
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2