Sep 1, 2013, 12:35 PM EST
Caterham’s Charles Pic is hoping to finish the European leg of the 2013 Formula One season on a high next weekend in Italy, coming off the back of a difficult weekend at Spa-Francorchamps last time out.
The Frenchman qualified last after failing to take advantage of the change in conditions, whilst teammate Giedo van der Garde managed to squeeze into Q2 for the second time this season. In the race, despite making a good start, Pic was eventually forced to retire due to an oil leak. However, the Frenchman is remaining positive ahead of the Italian Grand Prix.
“Monza’s a great place to race F1 cars. It’s so quick, the atmosphere is amazing (even though it’s almost only Ferrari supporters out there!) and it’s a track that has a lot of history, some of which you can see in the old banking on the way out of the track to remind you what it used to be like,” Pic explained.
“It’s our last race in Europe this year and it would be good to finish the European season on a positive. We’d put in strong performances in the three practice sessions in Spa but we were unlucky, both with the call to the weighbridge in Q1 and the oil leak in the race so Monza gives us a chance to move straight on and put that bad luck behind us.”
Caterham have enjoyed a good start to the season, pulling clear of closest-rivals Marussia in recent races. However, they still trail their fellow backmarkers in the constructors’ championship by virtue of Jules Bianchi’s thirteenth-place finish at the Malaysian Grand Prix earlier this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1