Sep 1, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
It might be easier to just give the lap-by-lap notes of all the incidents that peppered the Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT, a rather bizarre 16th race of the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
So, without further adieu, here’s the IndyCar pit notes from the six caution flags, five of which occurred between laps 41 and 65:
- Lap 13: Ed Carpenter stopped in Turn 5, and Luca Filippi off course in Turn 3 with an engine fire. Seven cars: Tristan Vautier, Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson, Sebastian Saavedra, Marco Andretti, Helio Castroneves and E.J. Viso, pit to go off sequence.
- Lap 41: #55 Vautier leads #6 Saavedra by .7953 of a second. #18 S. Wilson makes contact with barrier in Turn 7. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. The three leaders #55 Vautier, #6 Saavedra and #3 Castroneves are on pit road for four tires and fuel. #3 Castroneves misses his marks and has a slow stop. #83 Kimball, #1 Hunter-Reay, #25 Andretti and #19 J. Wilson. #7 Bourdais is the new leader under caution.
- Lap 48: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. #15 Rahal spins #9 Dixon in Turn 1 and track is blocked. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Cars involved are: #15 Rahal ,#9 Dixon, #3 Castroneves, #67 Newgarden, #27 Hinchcliffe
- Lap 53: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. Behind, there is contact between #9 Dixon and #12 Power. #9 Dixon hits the wall with the right side and spins. #12 Power continues back to the pit lane. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Leader under caution is #15 Rahal who passed Bourdais entering Turn 1.
- Lap 57: GREEN. #15 Rahal leads the field into Turn 1. #7 Bourdais spun in Turn 1 after contact from #4 Servia. Multiple cars are stopped on course with the track blockage. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. #15 Rahal on pit lane for four red tires and fuel. #78 De Silvestro also on pit lane for four tires and fuel. New leader is #25 Andretti. Cars involved in the incident were: #7 Bourdais, #55 Vautier, #4 Servia, #6 Saavedra, #5 Viso, #83 Kimball and #78 De Silvestro.
- Lap 63: Multiple car incident in Turn 3. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are closed. Leader under yellow is #25 Andretti. Cars involved are: #19 J. Wilson, #27 Hinchcliffe, #4 Servia, #20 Carpenter, #15 Rahal, #7 Bourdais.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
The new, 92-foot pylon is made up of four LED panels capable of video animations that relay race info to fans.
Jul 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Recapping the future stars of IndyCar in action at Toronto this weekend.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
A report from Mexico says that Bernie Ecclestone has signed a five-year pact to bring F1 to Mexico City’s Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez starting next season.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
A miserable home weekend in Toronto strikes James Hinchcliffe yet again.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Williams’ deputy team principal on Massa: “He is mature enough – and has enough experience in the sport – to realize that sometimes, things don’t go your way.”
Jul 22, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Given politics, dates and dreams, could an IndyCar race at CTMP be possible?
Jul 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Ex-F1 shoe Jerome d’Ambrosio gets signed up for new FE series.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Kyle Larson’s got a new house, a new kid on the way and now a new Cottonelle ad he might not be able to live down.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:08 AM EDT
Mercedes’ Toto Wolff calls double points “unfair.”
Jul 22, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
MST’s Tony DiZinno recaps the weekend in Toronto, that featured a host of surprises.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:26 AM EDT
The stretch of six races in four weekends is over, as is the stretch of doubleheader weekends for the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series season. Here’s the points breakdown.
Chase Elliott keeps winning, but he’s not finished capturing checkered flags this season by any stretch
Jul 22, 2014, 1:38 AM EDT
With the third win of his rookie Nationwide Series career, Chase Elliott continued to make it look easy in this past Saturday night’s EnjoyIllinois.com 300 at Chicagoland Speedway.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
For Wallace and his Truck Series rivals, racing on dirt presents a different set of challenges – and thus requires a different way to train.
Jul 21, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
In a satellite radio interview, France shared his thoughts on the consortium of NASCAR’s most powerful teams.
Jul 21, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
Jack Hawksworth will co-drive the No. 08 Prototype Challenge car for RSR Racing in Friday’s IMSA event on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Between his Eldora Speedway hosting the Truck Series and then competing at Indianapolis this weekend in Sprint Cup, Stewart’s in the middle of a busy week.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
All the notes and numbers to keep in mind for NASCAR’s visit to Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
One last bit of fun for Hamlin, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and Michael Waltrip before the Sprint Cup Series returns to action at Indianapolis.
Jul 21, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Indianapolis Motor Speedway delivers a bizarre take on the classic “Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!” ads.
Jul 21, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Writer’s Note: The following is a recap of this weekend’s TORC: The Off-Road Championship races from Bark River, Michigan. NBCSN will air the races on Sun., Aug. 3, at 1:30 p.m. ET. If you don’t want to know who won until then, we suggest you find another post to read here on MotorSportsTalk…
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1’s double points finale 0
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 11
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0