Sep 1, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
It might be easier to just give the lap-by-lap notes of all the incidents that peppered the Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT, a rather bizarre 16th race of the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
So, without further adieu, here’s the IndyCar pit notes from the six caution flags, five of which occurred between laps 41 and 65:
- Lap 13: Ed Carpenter stopped in Turn 5, and Luca Filippi off course in Turn 3 with an engine fire. Seven cars: Tristan Vautier, Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson, Sebastian Saavedra, Marco Andretti, Helio Castroneves and E.J. Viso, pit to go off sequence.
- Lap 41: #55 Vautier leads #6 Saavedra by .7953 of a second. #18 S. Wilson makes contact with barrier in Turn 7. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. The three leaders #55 Vautier, #6 Saavedra and #3 Castroneves are on pit road for four tires and fuel. #3 Castroneves misses his marks and has a slow stop. #83 Kimball, #1 Hunter-Reay, #25 Andretti and #19 J. Wilson. #7 Bourdais is the new leader under caution.
- Lap 48: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. #15 Rahal spins #9 Dixon in Turn 1 and track is blocked. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Cars involved are: #15 Rahal ,#9 Dixon, #3 Castroneves, #67 Newgarden, #27 Hinchcliffe
- Lap 53: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. Behind, there is contact between #9 Dixon and #12 Power. #9 Dixon hits the wall with the right side and spins. #12 Power continues back to the pit lane. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Leader under caution is #15 Rahal who passed Bourdais entering Turn 1.
- Lap 57: GREEN. #15 Rahal leads the field into Turn 1. #7 Bourdais spun in Turn 1 after contact from #4 Servia. Multiple cars are stopped on course with the track blockage. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. #15 Rahal on pit lane for four red tires and fuel. #78 De Silvestro also on pit lane for four tires and fuel. New leader is #25 Andretti. Cars involved in the incident were: #7 Bourdais, #55 Vautier, #4 Servia, #6 Saavedra, #5 Viso, #83 Kimball and #78 De Silvestro.
- Lap 63: Multiple car incident in Turn 3. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are closed. Leader under yellow is #25 Andretti. Cars involved are: #19 J. Wilson, #27 Hinchcliffe, #4 Servia, #20 Carpenter, #15 Rahal, #7 Bourdais.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
Fernandes claims he didn’t receive full payment for Caterham, the new owners claim they haven’t received their shares, Bernie Ecclestone says he is trying to remedy the situation – but all the while, workers are locked out of the factory, putting the team’s hopes of making Austin in doubt.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Brendan Gaughan back for another year with RCR in XFINITY.
Oct 23, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Sergio Perez, Felipe Massa and Esteban Gutierrez signed up for COTA fan forum.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:56 AM EDT
Wurth renews for multiyear deal.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Brad Keselowski is flattered people might compare him with the late Dale Earnhardt, but he’ll be the first to say he’s not the new Intimidator in NASCAR.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:18 PM EDT
Perhaps the greatest collection of original Indianapolis 500 pace cars will soon be on display at an upcoming car show in suburban Chicago.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
For most Canadians, their homebrewed beer choice is typically Labatts or Molson. But countryman and IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe is starting to get some traction with his own beer brand, Hinchtown Hammer Down (HHD).
Oct 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Parker Kligerman took a spin around Martinsville Speedway in the NBC race simulator to show why the paper-clip shaped track can be extremely difficult.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
In a stunning move that could potentially threaten his bid for a record-extending 17th NHRA Funny Car championship, John Force announced Wednesday that veteran crew chief Jimmy Prock has resigned, effective immediately.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Crew chiefs, road crews for Nos. 10 and 41 Stewart-Haas Racing cars will swap starting at Texas.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
More murky messaging from Leafield as Caterham’s future hangs in the balance.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
When you drive a car that produces nearly 10,000 horsepower and reaches speeds approaching 330 mph, a hurricane with wind speeds over 100 mph is nothing. That was the case Sunday for NHRA Funny Car driver Ron Capps.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Ken Block, Matthew Wilson make WRC returns for this weekend’s Rally Spain.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
Sixteen-time NHRA Funny Car champion John Force is expected to make a major announcement concerning John Force Racing later Tuesday afternoon.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Kurt Busch’s 2015 paint scheme adds more red.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:35 AM EDT
Lotus will have a new sponsor for Austin that’s beginning, but called Endless.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Dale Earnhardt Jr. will be featured for UPMC campaign that seeks to change the conversation about concussions.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
Series of competition changes announced by NASCAR on Wednesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
Sam Michael to leave McLaren at year’s end, the team confirms.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
The championship contender talks about his reputation during a Monday night appearance at Texas Motor Speedway.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 0
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 10
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0