Sep 1, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
It might be easier to just give the lap-by-lap notes of all the incidents that peppered the Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT, a rather bizarre 16th race of the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
So, without further adieu, here’s the IndyCar pit notes from the six caution flags, five of which occurred between laps 41 and 65:
- Lap 13: Ed Carpenter stopped in Turn 5, and Luca Filippi off course in Turn 3 with an engine fire. Seven cars: Tristan Vautier, Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson, Sebastian Saavedra, Marco Andretti, Helio Castroneves and E.J. Viso, pit to go off sequence.
- Lap 41: #55 Vautier leads #6 Saavedra by .7953 of a second. #18 S. Wilson makes contact with barrier in Turn 7. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. The three leaders #55 Vautier, #6 Saavedra and #3 Castroneves are on pit road for four tires and fuel. #3 Castroneves misses his marks and has a slow stop. #83 Kimball, #1 Hunter-Reay, #25 Andretti and #19 J. Wilson. #7 Bourdais is the new leader under caution.
- Lap 48: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. #15 Rahal spins #9 Dixon in Turn 1 and track is blocked. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Cars involved are: #15 Rahal ,#9 Dixon, #3 Castroneves, #67 Newgarden, #27 Hinchcliffe
- Lap 53: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. Behind, there is contact between #9 Dixon and #12 Power. #9 Dixon hits the wall with the right side and spins. #12 Power continues back to the pit lane. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Leader under caution is #15 Rahal who passed Bourdais entering Turn 1.
- Lap 57: GREEN. #15 Rahal leads the field into Turn 1. #7 Bourdais spun in Turn 1 after contact from #4 Servia. Multiple cars are stopped on course with the track blockage. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. #15 Rahal on pit lane for four red tires and fuel. #78 De Silvestro also on pit lane for four tires and fuel. New leader is #25 Andretti. Cars involved in the incident were: #7 Bourdais, #55 Vautier, #4 Servia, #6 Saavedra, #5 Viso, #83 Kimball and #78 De Silvestro.
- Lap 63: Multiple car incident in Turn 3. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are closed. Leader under yellow is #25 Andretti. Cars involved are: #19 J. Wilson, #27 Hinchcliffe, #4 Servia, #20 Carpenter, #15 Rahal, #7 Bourdais.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
With victory in Hungary, Vettel closed the gap at the top to 42 points – but can he catch Lewis Hamilton and challenge for a fifth world title?
Jul 31, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT
First blood to Bourdais in practice at Mid-Ohio ahead of Power and Newgarden.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:24 AM EDT
Hinchcliffe’s recovery continues following his accident in practice for the Indy 500 back in May.
Jul 31, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Gutierrez claims his work in a reserve role at Ferrari is helping to open up some new opportunities for 2016.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:42 AM EDT
Josef Newgarden’s future will become a talking point at some stage, but it appears it will be after the season.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Umphrey’s McGee on a GTSport Racing Porsche Cayman S? Believe it.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
TV times from Mid-Ohio this weekend.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:11 PM EDT
Discounted tickets set to go on sale this Friday in a bid to improve attendance figures.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
Derrick Walker on the prowl for whatever’s next in his long racing career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Despite running fifth in the standings with three races to go, Power hasn’t given up on retaining the no. 1 for 2016.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
The 2016 F1 season is set to swell to a record 21 races.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Ericsson reflects on his first half-season with Sauber that has brought his first points in F1, but also presented some missed opportunities.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:22 PM EDT
Derrick Walker to resign from INDYCAR at year’s end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
With seven races at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this weekend, it’s an important one for the entire Mazda Road to Indy.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
His recent record may suggest otherwise, but Castroneves believes he can gun for the race win this weekend.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Both series will support the FIA World Endurance Championship at the Bahrain International Circuit in November.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
From Columbus, Ohio, No. 15, it’s the Ohio State University helmet of Graham Rahal…
Jul 30, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
The third-to-last race of the IndyCar season is an important one for the championship battle.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
IndyCar penalizes Honda for five engines that did not “attain their life cycle.”
Jul 29, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Rahal is second in the points and takes his career best season to his home track of Mid-Ohio.
- Bourdais quickest in opening practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 0
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1