Sep 1, 2013, 7:14 PM EDT
It might be easier to just give the lap-by-lap notes of all the incidents that peppered the Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT, a rather bizarre 16th race of the 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series season.
So, without further adieu, here’s the IndyCar pit notes from the six caution flags, five of which occurred between laps 41 and 65:
- Lap 13: Ed Carpenter stopped in Turn 5, and Luca Filippi off course in Turn 3 with an engine fire. Seven cars: Tristan Vautier, Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson, Sebastian Saavedra, Marco Andretti, Helio Castroneves and E.J. Viso, pit to go off sequence.
- Lap 41: #55 Vautier leads #6 Saavedra by .7953 of a second. #18 S. Wilson makes contact with barrier in Turn 7. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. The three leaders #55 Vautier, #6 Saavedra and #3 Castroneves are on pit road for four tires and fuel. #3 Castroneves misses his marks and has a slow stop. #83 Kimball, #1 Hunter-Reay, #25 Andretti and #19 J. Wilson. #7 Bourdais is the new leader under caution.
- Lap 48: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. #15 Rahal spins #9 Dixon in Turn 1 and track is blocked. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Cars involved are: #15 Rahal ,#9 Dixon, #3 Castroneves, #67 Newgarden, #27 Hinchcliffe
- Lap 53: GREEN. #7 Bourdais leads the field into Turn 1. Behind, there is contact between #9 Dixon and #12 Power. #9 Dixon hits the wall with the right side and spins. #12 Power continues back to the pit lane. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Leader under caution is #15 Rahal who passed Bourdais entering Turn 1.
- Lap 57: GREEN. #15 Rahal leads the field into Turn 1. #7 Bourdais spun in Turn 1 after contact from #4 Servia. Multiple cars are stopped on course with the track blockage. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are open. #15 Rahal on pit lane for four red tires and fuel. #78 De Silvestro also on pit lane for four tires and fuel. New leader is #25 Andretti. Cars involved in the incident were: #7 Bourdais, #55 Vautier, #4 Servia, #6 Saavedra, #5 Viso, #83 Kimball and #78 De Silvestro.
- Lap 63: Multiple car incident in Turn 3. FULL COURSE YELLOW. Pits are closed. Leader under yellow is #25 Andretti. Cars involved are: #19 J. Wilson, #27 Hinchcliffe, #4 Servia, #20 Carpenter, #15 Rahal, #7 Bourdais.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:44 PM EDT
Honda set to take the wraps off its superspeedway oval challenger this Thursday at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:37 PM EDT
NBCSN’s Townsend Bell looks back at the instant classic that was Barber, for MotorSportsTalk.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
Munoz, Andretti end sixth and 10th, adding to RHR’s fifth place, to give Andretti Autosport a triple top-10 at Barber.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:43 AM EDT
Williams has a down financial year in 2014 but should be much better off in 2015.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Power ends P4 at Barber despite drive-through penalty early in the race.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Watch the pair of Indy Lights races from Barber at midnight ET.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:49 PM EDT
It was Ron Capps’ Day in Baytown, Texas.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:24 PM EDT
Newgarden rolls out the thank you mat after scoring his elusive first IndyCar victory.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:08 PM EDT
Ryan Hunter-Reay not satisfied with first top-five finish of 2015.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
Penske pair still 1-2 after tough afternoon in Barber.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Graham Rahal comes up short in best performance in a year.
Apr 26, 2015, 5:37 PM EDT
Newgarden scores first career win at Barber.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:43 PM EDT
We’re halfway at Barber, with Graham Rahal the leader at Lap 45 and pit stops underway.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Meeke becomes the first British driver to win in the WRC in 13 years.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Results from the Indy Lights’ series second race at Barber Motorsports Park
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Watch the fourth round of the IndyCar season, from Barber Motorsports Park, at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Lotus youngster beats Nyck de Vries in a truncated second race of the Formula Renault 3.5 season.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
What to watch for ahead of Round 4 of the Verizon IndyCar Series season, the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at Barber Motorsports Park.
Apr 26, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Marquez undergoes minor surgery on his left hand, and is in doubt for next weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez.
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0