Sep 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Today’s Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT (2 p.m. ET, NBCSN) will mark the first time in IZOD IndyCar Series history that brothers will compete as teammates.
Doing the honors will be the Dale Coyne Racing tandem of veteran driver Justin Wilson and his younger sibling, Stefan Wilson, who is making his IndyCar debut this weekend. NBCSN caught up with the pair to get their thoughts on the special occasion, as well as their mutual respect for one another.
With that said, however, don’t expect any brotherly love between them if they find themselves going wheel-to-wheel around Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Justin will roll off fourth in today’s race, while Stefan will start 21st.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)