Sep 1, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Today’s Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT (2 p.m. ET, NBCSN) will mark the first time in IZOD IndyCar Series history that brothers will compete as teammates.
Doing the honors will be the Dale Coyne Racing tandem of veteran driver Justin Wilson and his younger sibling, Stefan Wilson, who is making his IndyCar debut this weekend. NBCSN caught up with the pair to get their thoughts on the special occasion, as well as their mutual respect for one another.
With that said, however, don’t expect any brotherly love between them if they find themselves going wheel-to-wheel around Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.
Justin will roll off fourth in today’s race, while Stefan will start 21st.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 1
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 5