Sep 4, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Alex Tagliani‘s one-off drive with the R.Ferri/AIM Motorsport Racing with Ferrari team at Kansas, has in fact, turned into additional outings.
The French Canadian will again team with Jeff Segal in the team’s No. 61 Ferrari F458 Italia for this weekend’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey. He’s also planned to be in the car for the GRAND-AM season finale at Lime Rock Park on Sept. 28.
Tagliani has five open-wheel starts at Monterey, with a best finish of sixth in 2004.
R.Ferri/AIM, jointly run and operated by Remo Ferri and Andrew Bordin, had Max Papis in the seat for the first eight races of the season alongside Segal, and the pair won their first race at the Brickyard at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
However, Papis was unavailable for the GRAND-AM/American Le Mans Series joint weekend at Elkhart Lake’s Road America as he subbed for Tony Stewart in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen. Kenny Wilden filled in there while Tagliani was in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec; Tag filled in at Kansas and promptly stuck the car on pole.
In an interview with MotorSportsTalk a couple weeks ago, Tagliani raved about the opportunity to drive a Ferrari and hinted future outings were possible.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0