Sep 4, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Alex Tagliani‘s one-off drive with the R.Ferri/AIM Motorsport Racing with Ferrari team at Kansas, has in fact, turned into additional outings.
The French Canadian will again team with Jeff Segal in the team’s No. 61 Ferrari F458 Italia for this weekend’s GRAND-AM Rolex Series race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey. He’s also planned to be in the car for the GRAND-AM season finale at Lime Rock Park on Sept. 28.
Tagliani has five open-wheel starts at Monterey, with a best finish of sixth in 2004.
R.Ferri/AIM, jointly run and operated by Remo Ferri and Andrew Bordin, had Max Papis in the seat for the first eight races of the season alongside Segal, and the pair won their first race at the Brickyard at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
However, Papis was unavailable for the GRAND-AM/American Le Mans Series joint weekend at Elkhart Lake’s Road America as he subbed for Tony Stewart in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Watkins Glen. Kenny Wilden filled in there while Tagliani was in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec; Tag filled in at Kansas and promptly stuck the car on pole.
In an interview with MotorSportsTalk a couple weeks ago, Tagliani raved about the opportunity to drive a Ferrari and hinted future outings were possible.
Video from NASCAR America
- Belgian GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lucas Oil Pro Motocross ends seasons in Utah at 3 p.m. ET 0
- Rosberg tames wet conditions to claim Belgian GP pole 0
- Bottas breaks Mercedes’ stranglehold at Spa by topping FP3 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1