Sep 5, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
The last NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race before its 2013 Chase for the Sprint Cup is Saturday night at Richmond. Perhaps overlooked are the battles in the Nationwide Series, as both driver and owner championships are tight heading into Friday’s 25th round of the season.
Sam Hornish Jr. currently leads Austin Dillon by 10 points and the two are poised to expand that gap over the other three in the top five, Elliott Sadler, Regan Smith and Justin Allgaier. Those three have fallen to 26, 29, and 47 points back, respectively.
Due to the frequency of Sprint Cup regulars winning Nationwide races though, Hornish has only one win and Dillon none yet this year.
The owner championship sees the No. 54 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota trailing the No. 22 Penske Racing Ford by 11 points. Kyle Busch has won a series-high nine races this year, with Brad Keselowski winning four thus far in the No. 22.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2