Sep 5, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Two minor entry list updates for this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway:
- Reed Sorenson (pictured) replaces Scott Speed in the No. 95 Leavine Family Racing Ford, and will drive for the team for “the foreseeable future – with the exception of the Dover and Phoenix events,” according to a team release. No word on where Speed, the last American Formula One driver, goes from here. Sorenson, 27, has not started a Cup race this season and has been in part-time rides each of the last three years.
- Ryan Truex, the 21-year-old younger brother of Martin Truex Jr., makes his second Cup Series start in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet before that car goes to Justin Allgaier next weekend at Chicagoland. Truex’ Cup debut at Bristol two weeks ago ended in an accident after 39 laps; he finished 42nd after a respectable 18th place qualifying effort.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0