Sep 5, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Two minor entry list updates for this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway:
- Reed Sorenson (pictured) replaces Scott Speed in the No. 95 Leavine Family Racing Ford, and will drive for the team for “the foreseeable future – with the exception of the Dover and Phoenix events,” according to a team release. No word on where Speed, the last American Formula One driver, goes from here. Sorenson, 27, has not started a Cup race this season and has been in part-time rides each of the last three years.
- Ryan Truex, the 21-year-old younger brother of Martin Truex Jr., makes his second Cup Series start in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet before that car goes to Justin Allgaier next weekend at Chicagoland. Truex’ Cup debut at Bristol two weeks ago ended in an accident after 39 laps; he finished 42nd after a respectable 18th place qualifying effort.
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 6
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)