Sep 5, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Two minor entry list updates for this weekend’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway:
- Reed Sorenson (pictured) replaces Scott Speed in the No. 95 Leavine Family Racing Ford, and will drive for the team for “the foreseeable future – with the exception of the Dover and Phoenix events,” according to a team release. No word on where Speed, the last American Formula One driver, goes from here. Sorenson, 27, has not started a Cup race this season and has been in part-time rides each of the last three years.
- Ryan Truex, the 21-year-old younger brother of Martin Truex Jr., makes his second Cup Series start in the No. 51 Phoenix Racing Chevrolet before that car goes to Justin Allgaier next weekend at Chicagoland. Truex’ Cup debut at Bristol two weeks ago ended in an accident after 39 laps; he finished 42nd after a respectable 18th place qualifying effort.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)